VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have been on a roll adding parts since I got my bike about a month ago, after lurking here for about a year. I pretty much knew what I wanted to add. Why stop now?

Tonight I added the zumo I got with the bike. I found an old post from tony giatta about how he hooked up his 590.
So I found the gps connector but instead of changing the connector or sourcing the mating connector with apparently really tiny pins I used Posi taps to connect it. I just peeled back the tape around the wires and using the colors from Tonys post hooked up the 5 wires and installed the mount on a ramball I already had on the bars.Not surprisingly(OK maybe a little) everything works, Its getting power from the bike and it mutes the FM when it gives directions
The 665 comes with XM radio builtin so I connected the antenna while I was in there.E ven though I dont have It turned on yet. I bought a metal cover plate for a 4 inch electrical box and bent 1 end about an inch and put a screw in one of the holes on the back of the radio I did have to drill it a little bigger to fit the screw I had and slid the slot in the cover down over it and put the antenna(magnet mount) on it facing up. I did have to tilt my Stebel horn to one side a little to fit it.
All in all a good night.

Reactions: primethious

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 665 is a great unit having built in XM capabilities.
You don't see that anymore.
Yeah I got it with the bike, the guy never even put the battery in it.

Reactions: primethious
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.