VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts

Great function...
Looks wise, I will hold off all opinionsuntil I see in person.. As of now, looks a little busy...
As far as for Vics.. I guess that it would actually depend on the size of bar, it may
fit Kp, Vegas. Just may need to extend cables...

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like the concept. I would like to see them on a bike though, instead of on the mock up they are using in the video. It seems like a good idea for getting the perfect fit for a wide variety of riders.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
With all the positions options available I think I would constantly be playing with them trying to find the sweet spot.
At $859.00, it is more than I would spend. The price is justifiable when you look at the engineering, machining and high quality materials. But I think it is too much for most people.
On the Vision, I think that cross over bar would be blocking or interfering with the controls on the console

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I liked about it is that you can take the same bike and change the riding/handling characteristics by simply adjusting the bars.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's innovative, and innovation comes with a price. While it might not be for everyone, it would be nice if the manufacturers looked into delivering new bikes with bars that can be adjusted for multiple positions. Yes, I know the factories would rather have the dealers sell us after market products, but in a perfect world, having more adjustable components could be a good thing as it could increase the "rideability" factor of a specific model for buyers of various shapes and sizes.

Using the Vision's electrically adjustable windscreen as an example proves the theory that one size does not fit all and is a great selling (and talking) point for that bike.

Having adjustable components are not unheard of as it was a plus for me when I purchased my Vision to have the shift and the foot brake controls quickly and easily moved backwards to fit my size and to increase the ergonomic factor. With that said, I think it would be quite innovative to be able to have handlebars with multiple adjustment points as an included feature.

While there's no such thing as "one size fits all" in the world of motorcycles, just having a few adjustable components could make a specific bike fit a wider range of potential purchasers. I also like the factor that like an electrically controlled windscreen, the rider could easily change the bars based on the type of riding they will be doing that day. Back for cruising, forward for the twisties.

Do I like the style of the Heilbars? Yes and no. It may look very cool on one bike and not as nice on another. Do I like the ability to easily change the ergonomics without dismantling numerous components? Yes.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I think they should be in the custom bar biz, For the same 860 bucks they could send you the mock up bars give you a frw days to mount them on your bike and find the "Sweet spot" that is right for you. Lock it down and then send it back to them to make your own custom set of bars.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clubford00 said:
For the same 860 bucks they could send you the mock up bars give you a frw days to mount them on your bike and find the "Sweet spot" that is right for you. Lock it down and then send it back to them to make your own custom set of bars.
Judging from other handlebar related posts, removing and installing new bars doesn't seem like a simple task...at least for someone of my skill level.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
these bars wont work on a Vision type bike, they are made more for a bike that has an open tree for the bars, therefore wouldnt be as much an issue.
Having said that, wouldnt you take the time it takes to do the work, even if time consuming, to get the perfect bar?
Once the work is done its done !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.