VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my XC yesterday, before I picked it up I had the dealer install the Victory wirng harness for a Garmin Zumo 660 GPS. Eveything works well except the XM radio. It keeps asking for an update.
If I plugthe GPSinto my truck mount it works instantly??! I think there must be something the mechanic is missing, is there a flash on the digital wrench that he may not know of?
Anyone else have issues?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
if memory serves I remember that there was flash required with the XM to get it to work properly. As well as a new flash for the radio's just came out for the Cross Country's.

I'm waiting for a replacement radio for my bike. My GPS connector is only supplying 1.8 volts and my Ipod although it as 13.x volts will not wake or charge my Ipod anymore. It'll still play just fine so they're guessing it's the radio. We tried 3 different pods and all had the same symptoms.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like there are definately some radio issues. I finally have the dealer looking for me, they have never ordered that GPS harness for any of the bikes before.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Im confused. Did you install a GPS or the XM radio? Did you already have the XM installed & it stopped working after installing the GPS?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Zumo 665 that has built in sat radio, when they hooked the Zumo to the bike the sat. radio function does not work on the GPS unit. Everything else does. If I put the GPS in my truck mount everything works fine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well I am on hold with Garmin as I type this. There has been a mistake made by Garmin regarding the Zumo 660 and 665. The mounts for the 660 & 665 are NOT compatible. It was just realeased yesterday on the Garmin web site.
So if anyone has purchased the Victory/Garmin wiring harness ( Zumo 660) it will not work with your Zumo 665. Even though it shows on the Garmin site that they are compatible they are NOT!!
FYI
Also I found a great forum site that is specific to Garmin Zumo motorcycle GPS's it is zumoforums.com, awsome site for motorcycle electronics.
Andy I hope it is OK to post this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.