VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I've shelved the IPOD thing for a while. While reviewing the manual I see the XM radio for the CC. This it says requires an XM Mini-Tuner and Home Dock. Ok, what are these?, are they Victory items?, how much do they cost? Where and how do they mount? and what's standard XM subscription and any other blanks you can fill in. I live in rural TN hills and radio reception comes and goes with few miles. Any CC owners using XM? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know but I'm curious as to why you'd shelve the iPod option? It is a great addition to the bike and should come standard with the CC and the Vision, IMO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Actually I've shelved the XM notion. Not feasible. The IPOD is going to happen. Initially I was a little peeved that the bike was advertised as IPOD compatible, which it is, but then I find that I must purchase and install all the cabling and pull the headlight to hook things up. I was expecting immediate plug and play. I like my sounds so the IPOD install is a go. Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree. Like I mentioned, it should be standard on an $18k bike.

Anyway, the connector is pricey but ultimately worth the $$$. If you are even a little handy, I'd recommend installing it yourself. Takes about 30 to 45 minutes (depending on whether a nosey neighbor is talking to you while you're installing it or not). While you're at it and the tank is off, take a moment and remove the rubber liner in front of the airbox to pick up a few HPs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.