VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody do any accessory mounting in their saddlebags, lower fairing or trunk? For items like flashlight, knife, etc. Just had the idea of mounting some useful tools inside of the bike rather than pulling out my tool roll and making a mess.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I use sticky-back velcro strips. Placed them across the inside of the right hand saddlbag. I've mounted a screwdriver set, wratcheting wrench set, sockets and the shock pump this way. I actually keep a knife and flashlight on my hip or occasionally in the tank bag if I have it installed, usually longer trips. There's a tray option and I think a lid organizer you can find randomly for sale online. Might be a good option.

Reactions: wrnglrx

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Industrial strength Velcro. Amazing stuff.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
My only problem is the previous owner lined everything with a cloth material. So I have no plastic surface to bond to.
Maybe one side of the Velcro's will stick to that cloth liner ?

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
I'll give it a try and see how strong the hold is.
I know the liner kits sold for these bikes that fit perfectly have a carpet type material. Velcro should stick to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.