XC or Vision... I Just Can't Decide | Page 4 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

XC or Vision... I Just Can't Decide

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by steve76t, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    Remember.....the Vision was built to be “special “.
    The X-bikes were built to compete with Harleys. I’ve owned two Visions. I ride an ANSS Vision. I’ve ridden X-bikes. The Vision feels special. While the X-bikes are “just” good bikes (no offense intended).

2. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    I don’t know. I feel some offence coming on!

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    I’m sorry and apologize! As long as everybody’s happy, that’s all that matters. But.....the Vision is incredible

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    The Vision Arlen Ness favorite bike to ride.
    It was also Sonny Barger’s favorite ride. The Vision brought me to Victory. The first ride was a Vision street I couldn’t believe how good it was. Like I’ve owned it for years.

What bothers me is Polaris couldn’t continue the spirit of this wonderful machine. They could have kept the one platform and built a new body over it to keep with the Indian Vibe. I think the challenger was supposed to be a little bit of both the Vision and a Cross bike but there’s nothing like sliding into the cockpit of a Vision. My 11XC gives me that vibe too since I set it up that way. Low in the saddle with bars pulled back to me. Laid back and feet firmly planted. Vic’s rule !

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Litre1000

Litre1000 Active Member

Vision Tour Prem & Vegas
    That’s a kool story. Victorys ARE awesome. Nothing looks like them, nor feels like them. That’s why we keep expressing our appreciation for them. Victory’s hard-core fan base largely consists of seasoned riders that have ridden and owned several brands over the years. We have experience & insight that gives us the confidence to award this brand as being something special. And, most of us are the kind of people that like to share with others when we find something we like, hoping they might also like to share the experience. It’s a great bike. To bad everybody else missed out......

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TommyGunn

TommyGunn Active Member

Vision
    The front half of the Vision I like, I just wish there was an option From the factory to put the CCT on the back half. The Vision would have been a touring winner. I like my Vision I just don’t like how small the bags are for touring.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I like the Vision trunkless. If I had bought the Street 8 ball version I would have just simply thrown a backrest and luggage rack on and a large tail bag. I travel pretty lightly with enough in the side bags to get me back on the road again in most scenarios. Hey his I do with the XC. Leaving the top heavy trunk hanging on the wall. Someday I may use it.

8. fsbreezy

fsbreezy New Member

2017 Cross Country Tour, 2016 Indian Dark Horse, 2013 Cross Country Tour, 2008 Harley Ultra, 74 shovelhead
    I thought about buying the Vision but then my girlfriend called it a Millennium falcon so I went with the XC Tour.

9. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Millennium Falcon ? That’s a first ...../ seems all the older baby boomer types took to the Vision because of the comfort and power. Many were X Harley and gold wing riders. Once they took that test ride they got back got off and the whole bike looked different. All of a sudden it was pleasing to the eye.

Remember when the latest generation Dodge Charger showed up ? Oh yeah it was ugly to me but now it has evolved into an icon. 4 doors and a car that drives awesome with power and comfort and there’s even a Hell cat version.
    Keep something around long enough and eventually the masses fall in love with it.

Prime example ...... Harley Davidson ... really not much change in what 100 years ?

10. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    You guys are special alright. Straight from the short bus to a Vision! Real bikers ride XR. :hat1:

Just kidding, it's good to see when someone has a passion for their bike no matter what it is.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Ha, Steel frames are for real men, as I use a Airhawk on anything over 250... :bandit:

Glad to see :hat1:Lou, didn't know you had one, XR that is...

• Like Like x 1
  12. kaitiff

kaitiff Well-Known Member

14 XC/07 KPT
    When I went looking for another Vic that the wife and I could ride together, I had one hell of a time trying to decide between a Vision and an XC. Both of them have plus's and minus's but both are awesome bikes IMO. I ended up with a 14 XC and I'm happy with it, but the decision just came down to which one I found a good deal on first really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    When I was buying my 11 XC I looked over in that showroom at it the whole time while doing paperwork. Smart that they sat me at the desk right where my bike was parked but next to it was a Black Vision and next to that the 8 ball line up including a Vision. I went for the chrome engine and stereo with no regrets and walked away with the deal on my new 11 Cross Country.

14. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    If I just didn't have to look at it when not riding it,,,,

15. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I will admit ...... everything about the vision I really liked but that trunk. Just the way it’s lines on the side ran up to the top. I sat there wondering how I would change that look and came up with so many better ideas than Mike ended up with. Still I knew how good that bike was and removing that trunk was easy enough but I was walking away from a Street Glide sale that was all but finalized on paper for that black and chrome 11 Xc. The vision at the time was taking a lot of ridicule from many including my riding crowd. Today as I’m older and wiser I would just smile and say I absolutely love my Vision. I get to do that anyway as I still get remarks about how old my bike is and why aren’t you on a Harley yet. One even said “ he’ll grow up someday “. I absolutely laughed in his face and explained that “ growing up for me was finally being content and not foolish by spending money in the wrong places. I’m not the one who has owned 4 Harleys in the last 10 yrs because I was in happy with each one.”
    Yeah he didn’t like the reality of what grow the fuk up meant.

• Like Like x 2