XC or Vision... I Just Can't Decide | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

XC or Vision... I Just Can't Decide

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by steve76t, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Trekwolf164

Trekwolf164 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Vision,Slingshot

No its not I was right in one of the threads.

[​IMG]

2. Lostintexas

Lostintexas Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour (RIP)

No one wants to come off as a hater, well one of us anyway. I fully expected the Vision to be my choice, seemed logical coming off a Wing. Truth is, if the Vision was the only "full tour" model as I define it, I would have stayed where I was. Really no comparison for me or my pillion. I figure with her time on the back I had ought to listen to her opinion as well. Momma gots to be happy! [​IMG]
    Lots of folks haven't heard of a XCT yet. Vision is still the name reconition king, and reading the OP it sounded like a viable option as in many of his needs are there. I have spent a lot of time on my choice and a very liberal test ride with about 40 miles of spirited riding on both before we got to the nuts and bolts and a second ride 2 up. It didn't last much past the parking space on the Vision. The Tour was pretty enjoyable. If a person spends a lot of 1 up time it increases the options by a wide margin. We made our choice to fit what we needed and have been happy with it so far. That is what everyone should do.
    I agree the Vision is a great bike, but not for everyone for their own reasons.
    Cheers

3. jandjp

jandjp Well-Known Member

Vision

I would pull my zipper around to the front and get my Vision.[​IMG]

[/quote]

That's effing hilarious!

I was going to suggest to the OP that he should exercise his authority as the head of the family and tell his wife, gently but firmly, that her opinion in this case doesn't have any bearing on the decision.

Of course, I could suggest this because my wife is still asleep and would never read this post anyway (I hope) . . .
    [/quote]

Ya, my wife was still in bed too.[​IMG]

4. steve76t

steve76t Member

'13 Victory Vision - Sunset Red

thanks for all the input guys! I am leaning towards the Vision & the wife has stated more than once that the XC is her preference. We may get over the the dealer next weekend to test ride 'em. I'm probably gonna push the the Vision... wish me luck convincing the wife. I gotta keep her somewhat happy just so I don't have to sleep on the couch too long after the purchase. We'll see

5. Nessie044

Nessie044 Well-Known Member

2013 Vision

I'll tell you what, brother. After the experiences I've had on my Vision, I'd curl up next to it in the garage if I had to. And I love my wife . . .

• Like Like x 2
  6. steve76t

steve76t Member

'13 Victory Vision - Sunset Red

LOL! I might have to do that if we don't agree on my choice in bike.

7. Teflonpilot

Teflonpilot Member

2009 Victory Vision street
    As someone who has had a few different classes of bikes, and as one who went on a two year hunt for a Vision, and as an avid track day rider (sport bikes of course) I personally feel that the Vision has got to be one of the best riding motorcycles ever made. It's an incredible machine for it's handling, comfort and cruising speed despite its size and weight. The thing settles down into a FAST cruise on the highway, incredibly stable! I am in love with it. Plus- any bike you park next to effectively becomes invisible. Love it or hate it, everyone stops to look. Definitely not a bike for followers. If it calls to you, get it!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Teflonpilot

Teflonpilot Member

Well said.

9. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    7 year old thread @Teflonpilot Good feedback though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Teflonpilot

Teflonpilot Member

Sorry! I'm new here! Still figuring stuff out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Active Member

2015 victory cct & 06 katana
    I love my 15 CCT but I would also like a Vision so they can keep each other company n the garage, can’t go wrong with either bike. I was surprised that the CCT had more storage capacity than the Vision but now I’ve realized NOTHING has the storage space of an CCT. I’m truly amazed every time we travel or get groceries with it. People will sit & watch us empty a pretty full grocery cart n2 that bike. My favorite is when we get 2 large pizzas n the trunk or a 40pack of bottled water n there. I’m pretty sure the CCT has/had the most storage capacity of ANY bike EVER made still to date. Wish injun would remember that some people who travel on a bike want space for stuff most of all after comfort & power of course

• Like Like x 1
  12. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Honey made a statement the other day ......
    “ Maybe we should get a vision for us for trips “
    I said “ hmmmmm..... we may never ride our XC and Magnum again”. I like the way she thinks though. She knows I hate changing seats and adding the backrest when she decides to jump on. I have my bike set up for me and hers for her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    No harm in reviving old threads. I think this is a good one. My take... I know, I know, who cares! Well I'm gonna tell ya anywho!!

You can't go wrong with either one. I love them both. That said, I do prefer the Vision. I think it handles better and I personally love the look. If storage is the priority (2-up touring scenarios) the CCT reigns supreme. I chose the Vision and I'm glad I did. Would I ride a Cross? Damned Skippy I would. It just so happens I love the Vision more.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Active Member

2015 victory cct & 06 katana
    Really is no wrong pick, just yrs n yrs of miles & miles or kms for R worldly neighbors!!!! I hafta admit I wasn’t crazy about the Visions n pics, thought no way too odd BUT.......then I saw 1 n person & had 2 back up & STARE. Was @ TVS so saw like 7, sat on 1 & knew @ some point I WILL have a Vision. What can I say, I had a Vision & all the wonderfully happy already Vision owners words from this site echoing thru my head that this why & I now understand. Is WAY WAY WAY not the bike U see n terrible pics n person. Beautiful & curvy, exactly how I like my woman mmm mmmm good

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. 1stVictory

1stVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Pearl White CC Tour
    Slick, if she buys one for you, make sure there’s a case of Spectro in the trunk! Don’t want to run out of it now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1