VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about this a long time, seems like the longest stretch on my ride to or from wherever I am going or coming from, I'll have the sun at that perfect angle to reflect off my dash gauges which can be blindingly bright. Or the damned hi-beam indicator which damn near blinds me.

I've been toying with some ideas and have 2 that I'm going to test out. One will be friction stickers attached directly to the plexi on the gauges. The other will be a mesh screen that can be tilted down in front of the gauges and moved out of the way when not needed. I think I can do this without it being overly large or distracting. I'll have all the supplies in a couple weeks.

If anybody has a better option, idea, suggestion or something they've made or found, I'd really appreciate some info.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
The problem I had with the Vision was not the gauges, but the "chrome" plastic surrounding the gauges. Ended up painting it black, but kept the rings chrome for a nice 2-tone offset look. (the 8-ball gauge surround is all black)
Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have painted bezels. I also installed a lighted running light switch which was too bright; I used midnight blue nail polish on the switch to dim that. If the other dash lighting is to bright, try some window tint.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only indicator that's bright is the high beams, the rest are good. It's glare I have issues with, the sun primarily.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I agree the high beam and low gas lights are extremely bright at night. Maybe a piece of dark tint over the entire idiot light area. However, I'm not sure how well the window tint will hold up to the outside elements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.