VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the past years I have continued to beak off about my 09 geezer glide 90 k and no issues!
Well yesterday this all came to a crashing end!
No longer can I go on about a trouble free and enjoyable ownership of my classic ledgend
No it always happens when you say it won,t,I went out to my shop Sunday morning!
There my old beauty sat waiting for me to abuse yet agian,As per usual I snoop about the old girl and spotted a very very slight smear of oil at and near the base of the front cylinder!
I am willing to bet most reading this will have the same thought as i !
Yes the dreaded cylinder base gasket leak!
Not sure but that would mean an entire engine removal and replacment of base gasket,and at 90 k well im thinking for the money here comes the upgrade I have always wanted but dreaded the economics off!
Wel I live on a very humble budget and ,yes have been saveing and stashing a bit in a sock for the eventuallity of a major repair or rebuild upgrade but,well not at the 6 to 7 grand it would take!
So up on the lift and a good cleaning ,could not find anything at the cylinder base ,so I left it for a bit scratching my head!
10 minutes latter I returned finding a tiny drop of oil on the underside of the little rubber gromet on the bottom of the oil cooler!
At this point I began to relax as the base cylinder was dry as a bone and that fear had past !
I wrenched the oil cooler off and found that the band like strap holding the heat shield on the front cylinder header pipe had all along been pushing agianst the oil cooler,!
Today Ill have my son tig the aluminum and repair the bugger and we will be back in bussiness!
Thanks to small miricles and trade schools for our kids ,I will be back on the geezer glide latter today!
Breathing easy in Alberta ,agian ,Pops gets a lucky break!

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Pop, if it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems.
Even if it was a barely leaking base gasket, just clean it every once in a while and ride it. Why spend thou$ands trying to stop a leak when that money would buy hundreds of litres of oil!

• Haha
Reactions: Borinquen Veteran

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Bbob the geezer glide I reffer to lovingly is my 09 Kingpin!
And ya Ive been reffering to as such since I bought it in 09!
My youngest son told me it looked like an old mans bike and ,well I coined the name from his coment, He rides a 600 Honda rocket ,that I steal onhim once in a while and now severalgyears after the name association he loves to ride my geezer Glide ! No Not a Harley! Haha

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pop, if it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems.
Even if it was a barely leaking base gasket, just clean it every once in a while and ride it. Why spend thou$ands trying to stop a leak when that money would buy hundreds of litres of oil!
Ya but I m not much for leaky **** ,not sure How long I could allow it to seep!

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Ok Bbob the geezer glide I reffer to lovingly is my 09 Kingpin!
And ya Ive been reffering to as such since I bought it in 09!
My youngest son told me it looked like an old mans bike and ,well I coined the name from his coment, He rides a 600 Honda rocket ,that I steal onhim once in a while and now severalgyears after the name association he loves to ride my geezer Glide ! No Not a Harley! Haha
Ahhh... I see. Makes sense. It's just that I don't recall anyone ever referring to any Victory as a geezer glide before. Historically that usually means an under powered Harley with sofa seats.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wel the old girl has returned from the dead ,The Geezer Glide in all its tattered glory is on the road agian !
Had the tig work done monday but got to busy and didn,t get the repaired oil cooler back in till tuesday ,with my fat fingers I wiggled and twiggled untill I had those to little 10 mm bolts back in
Off I went after watching it like a momma bear for 10 minutes,All good !
The Geezer Glide is Back and Bbob that old girl makes the 1/4 in a tickle over 12 seconds!at about 115 to 116 miles an hr! Not bad for an old couch !jajaja!

Reactions: BBob
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.