VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the bike, 30 minutes later, I flip the start switch...NADA.

Is there a main relay/fuse/circuit breaker on these steel frame bikes? I checked all the little fuses; ok.

Has a DIgital Dawg on it. Tried both fobs. Ever hear of these going bad?

Battery has a full 13.3V.

Maybe it's the switch? How to test that?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Did you try holding the clutch lever in. Maybe it's a safety switch that is bad. I have a problem a couple times were if I roll back wards it won't start till I put in gear and try again.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I'm not sure about the steel frames, but the cross bikes have a breaker next to the battery that will go bad. Most replace it with one from Napa.

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
Don 't really have an answer.....sorry. But as a Locksmith, we see a lot of auto's with issues caused by add on systems. I hate those things. They just add to the diagnostic confusion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the safety switch long time ago.

Steel frame looks like the relay thing is a bit different looking than the cross bikes

I'll test the starter switch for power going to it

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
With my Vision I didn't use the full system, just the lockout part. About 6 months after I got it I had to put the OEM fuel relay back into the bike to get it to start when both of my fobs failed to work any more. I was sure glad I had kept that relay and knew where to find it in my parts storage. I never did try to track down how it failed.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
This sometimes randomly happens with my XCT and even though the bike is in neutral, I have to pull the clutch in for the motor to start..... I guess after reading on here a few times about the clutch safety switch, it has to be that..... I also appreciate the fact that you said you have removed that switch altogether.....

As for the oldman's remark about the fuel relay thingy, I have absobloodylutely no knowledge..... The only thing I disconnected/removed when I installed the guard dawg immobilizer was the main key switch.....

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
With my Vision I didn't use the full system, just the lockout part. About 6 months after I got it I had to put the OEM fuel relay back into the bike to get it to start when both of my fobs failed to work any more. I was sure glad I had kept that relay and knew where to find it in my parts storage. I never did try to track down how it failed.
Did you try fresh batteries in the fobs? Mine has worked fine since I added it but I have needed new batteries at least once. Each had one small button battery if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
On my 08 KP fuse is under left side panel where battery is, on Cross bike it is also where battery is. But I know its easy to forget kill switch and not in neutral or pull clutch in did this very thing yesterday thought battery us dead so charged battery same thing no power. If my leg was long enough I'd of kicked myself in the ass. Bike us in gear.
Regards

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Rode the bike, 30 minutes later, I flip the start switch...NADA.

Is there a main relay/fuse/circuit breaker on these steel frame bikes? I checked all the little fuses; ok.

Has a DIgital Dawg on it. Tried both fobs. Ever hear of these going bad?

Battery has a full 13.3V.

Maybe it's the switch? How to test that?
I have had this system for 9 years in my 08 KP also have in 13 CCT never had a problem and have only had to change battery in the 08 KP once. Can you hear your fuel pump come on and do instruments gauges come on. If not my be battery in fob
Regards

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.