VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
The 08 unless it was changed out with a newer version does not accept a bolt on heel shifter. You need the one piece.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vic does the one send the link for does that weird peg pivot or what I had toe heel shifter on my roadstar and loved it. Also got very used to it I sometimes notice it’s hard to shift the vision if I don’t hit it at the right spot rpm and the heel might give me a little more hit for it

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
Vic does the one send the link for does that weird peg pivot or what I had toe heel shifter on my roadstar and loved it. Also got very used to it I sometimes notice it's hard to shift the vision if I don't hit it at the right spot rpm and the heel might give me a little more hit for it
Try hitting all the pivot points with your favorite spray lube.

It may also be time to replace the pivot bushings.

Look at this on eBay For Victory Cross Road Vision Magnum 4x Shift Brake Lever Bushings Pedal Shifter | eBay

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Vic does the one send the link for does that weird peg pivot or what I had toe heel shifter on my roadstar and loved it. Also got very used to it I sometimes notice it's hard to shift the vision if I don't hit it at the right spot rpm and the heel might give me a little more hit for it
I know what you mean. The heel shifter never seems to miss.

Yes, it pivots. I have one on my 08 and it works great.

Don't mind the dirt.
View attachment 490685

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There’s nothing wrong with my shifter but I’m used to the toe heel it seems like my vision is picky where it wants to shift seems like sometimes if I try to shift to low or high in the rpm range I have to force it. This really happens in my first 3 gears I am running conventional oil. Before Sturgis I’m dumping it and running klotz I’m a fan of syn maybe it will make a difference or maybe I just need to get used to this bike. But need a toe heel shift I’m used to it I constantly try to use my heel yet nothing there

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
That's a killer deal - I ordered one. Thanks for the find.
Yep. I picked one up a good while back. I don't use it often but it's nice to have it for when I wish to. Cheap enough that I still get my money worth from it.

If I remember correctly I had to file the hole in the new shifter to make it fit my bike. Just a hair but remember that if it doesn't slide right on. Works great!

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I think they listed and many were sold for $189. The $60 is a blowout price.

I just bought on for my 08 .
I know. I just don't understand trying to sell one for $80 when they're readily available for $60. I bought mine in Jan 17 when I got my 08 and they're still available. Once they're gone and hard to find I think even a $100 would be a good deal.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yep. I picked one up a good while back. I don't use it often but it's nice to have it for when I wish to. Cheap enough that I still get my money worth from it.

If I remember correctly I had to file the hole in the new shifter to make it fit my bike. Just a hair but remember that if it doesn't slide right on. Works great!
That was the case - I had to file the **** out of it, though. Looked to be an issue of chroming after manufacturing to me, because right when I got through the shiny part inside the hole it fit perfectly. Other than that my only issue was that the shift rod was good and corroded together - thanks for running a steel rod into aluminum rod ends, ma Vic. Took about 30 minutes to get that lovely corrosion freed up and spinning so I could set it to a comfortable angle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.