VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sales of the On-Road division, which primarily consists of Victory motorcycles, increased 83 percent during the first quarter of 2010 when compared to the same period in 2009. This marks the 2nd straight quarter of market share gains and retail sales growth for Victory and reflects the acceptance of the new model year 2010 motorcycles including the new Cross Country™ and Cross Roads™ touring models. The heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle industry remained weak during the quarter, but Victory continued to benefit from aggressive and innovative efforts to accelerate growth. Victory motorcycles had strong retail sales during the 2010 first quarter, increasing in the mid-teens percent range in North America compared to the first quarter last year, resulting in market share gains for the quarter. North American dealer inventory of Victory motorcycles declined 25 percent in the 2010 first quarter compared to 2009 comparable levels. During the 2010 first quarter, Polaris added additional dealers for its electric powered low emission vehicle, the Polaris Breeze™, to further penetrate the master planned community market segment.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
This could be an interesting year for Vic. Good things to come!!

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
They may be back on track to hit that 10,000 bike number for the year if it stays good.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

satxron said:
They may be back on track to hit that 10,000 bike number for the year if it stays good.
??? 10,000 bikes in a year, they just sold their 50,000 bike in the 2010 model year. I think that number will be a ways down the road. But I am glad to see the numbers going up from last year.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

Actually, 50K in 10 years = 5K per on "average".....but they weren't hitting 5K in the early years so that means they have been selling more than 5k in recent years. If they were closer to 6,500 or 7,000 of late and with sales up 83% they could verypossibly hit that 10,000 bikes this year.
Here's a question for everyone: let's say they hit 10,000 bikes. What percentage do you think would be the X-bikes and Vision? I would venture that over 50% of this year's sales will be those 3 models of bikes. The 8-Ball lineup would probably make up a lion's share of the rest of the bikes sold.......again, just a guess from me.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
phoenix9 said:
Actually, 50K in 10 years
Nope they never made it, Blackwell said the 10th anniversary would be the year they sold the 50,000 bike. With the economy going to crap at the same time, they never did make the mark.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I kinda hope it levels off...I like being the one-of-kind! Plus value stays up...if there is such a thing. Call me selfish...argh matey!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the most suprising thing is that Vision sales are up over last year by a good margin. I don't know if it's because the x-bikes are bringing people in where they see a Vision in person for the first time(for some reason Victory has never photographed well) or because the X-bikes are somewhat hard to find and dealers have been blowing out leftover Visions.

Either way it bodes well for Victory, the more they sell the more the make which will keep the funds going through for continued innovation.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
redpin04 said:
the most suprising thing is that Vision sales are up over last year by a good margin. I don't know if it's because the x-bikes are bringing people in where they see a Vision in person for the first time(for some reason Victory has never photographed well) or because the X-bikes are somewhat hard to find and dealers have been blowing out leftover Visions.

Either way it bodes well for Victory, the more they sell the more the make which will keep the funds going through for continued innovation.
According to my dealer it's a little of both. People come in to look at the Cross Country and after they find they can't deal on price (much) and they are in short supply and they actually sit on and ride a Vision they are sold. I think they cleared out all their old Vision inventory and have sold a couple of traded in Visions as well.

I guarantee they have moved more Visions since November than they did in the previous 2 years.

Many are coming from cruisers and thinking the Cross Country is the next step without going full tilt touring but after they crunch the numbers they decide the Vision is really what they want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.