VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share this over here because I think it really adds to the bike. I did an install to the bike that changes the running lights on the trunk of the vision to Turn, Running, and Flashing brake lights. I have the install instructions done in a PDF format with lots of big pictures for everyone. I alsohave a video up there too. If you have anyquestions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. Here is the link to the files and a link where we were discussing it over on the vision riders forum. BTW Andy if you would like you can put the files on your site...If you would like... :)

The files you will want to look at. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=66a9ec5ee02e1a8ad2db6fb9a8902bda

Link for the post that started the project http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2287&posts=38&start=1

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is a good idea! Maybe you can talk to Andy and see if between the two of you. It can be posted so the rest of us can review it with out having to down load "the un-known file"... I for one would Love to have a better look at what it looks like.But like Clubford00, just can not push the down load key...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Firehawk said:
Just thought I'd share this over here because I think it really adds to the bike. I did an install to the bike that changes the running lights on the trunk of the vision to Turn, Running, and Flashing brake lights. ... ... If you have anyquestions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. ... :)

The files you will want to look at. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=66a9ec5ee02e1a8ad2db6fb9a8902bda

Link for the post that started the project http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2287&posts=38&start=1
Hi,

My first post! ALRIGHT!
I ordered a Kuryakyn 4710 and was wondering if you would have wired up anything different or not?

Thank you for your mod info!

Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
Firehawk said:
Just thought I'd share this over here because I think it really adds to the bike. I did an install to the bike that changes the running lights on the trunk of the vision to Turn, Running, and Flashing brake lights. I have the install instructions done in a PDF format with lots of big pictures for everyone. I alsohave a video up there too. If you have anyquestions please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. Here is the link to the files and a link where we were discussing it over on the vision riders forum. BTW Andy if you would like you can put the files on your site...If you would like... :)

This is awesome! I really want to do the same upgrade! What parts are required? Where did you buy them?

Is it possible for a total newbie to install without creating havoc? Your .pdf mentions getting to the speaker grill, but the instructions weren't clear on how to do that.

Vince.

·
Registered
156 Posts

For those who haven't done this mod it is WELL WORTH the 3 hours to do....However, a NOTE for '09 bikes:
While doing the mod based on Firehawks GREAT pdf file. I found one hiccup (I guess only for the '09 models) when splicing the green/pink wire UNDER the seat DO NOT CUT THE WIRE use a tap splice and just use it to feed power to the 4710 module. Then trace the wire bundle up to an area right before it goes up into the tour pack and find the green/pink wire, here is where you CUT IT and place a scotch lock (spade connector) on the wire going UP TO THE TOUR PACK and tape the wire going back towards the main wire harness so it won't short to anything.
Other than that this is a GREAT mod and should make the rear of the motorcycle seen more readily when braking, turning or using the hazard lights.

·
Registered
207 Posts

I know a lot of folks have done the trunk light conversion on the Visionand posted somereally good pics and instructions about the procedure, but I haven't heard any cautions mentioned about the use of your four-way flashers in conjunctionwith the Kuryakyn 4710 module. I was reading upon the Kuryakyn4710 andI readthat this module should not be used in conjunction with a system that incorporates a four way flasher switch asthe use of the four-ways with the module in the circuitwill cause the module to overheat and could cause a fire. I believe the instructions suggested that you should disconnect the module before activating your four-way switch. And we know how practical that would be.
Just thought I would mention this here in case any who have done the conversion were not aware of this. Best not to activate that four way hazard light switch or you could have heated seats even if you didn't order them.

·
Registered
396 Posts

This is only applicable if you need to use the load equalizer on the controller. The load equalizer generates heat and should be disconnected before using hazard lights. The load equalizer is only necessary if you have have 'low draw' type turn signals like LED's etc.
I've ordered and received the Kuryakyn 4710 and have it here. After doing more shopping I've decided to do some LED additions instead, so if anyone wants to buy this one discounted, drop me a message!

·
Registered
1 Posts

The files you will want to look at. MediaFire

Link for the post that started the project Vision-Riders
can I get the PDF file from you for installing the Kuryakyn 4710 module. the above link does not work anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.