VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I'm new here just join today I'm having an issue with my 08 Kingpin it was running fine when I first bought it. a couple of days later under acceleration it felt like the transmission was skipping. A couple days after that I was pulling up to a stop sign downshifting to First and it wouldn't go in. It only went as far as nuneutral and I couldn't get it to go into any gear after that.about an hour of messing with it I finally got it to go in first and I rode her home(just up the street) and now it's nothing I pulled off the primary cover because I read a thread that said the shift ratchet could be messed up or need shimmed... when I got itapart I noticed the bolt that holds the shifting wheel on the motor was loose I tightened it everything else looked fine, I put it back together and it still does not shift any ideas??

·
Registered
865 Posts
Northern California ( Redding ) is where i live
Im in socal too far away.
Did you try to make the shift pawl move with the lever while the cover was off?
Does it klunk into gear or anything? Or does it feel like it's completely binded?
Got a friend who lives in Redding with a vision but he'd likely call me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't go into gear at all. Doesn't matter what you do to the shifter.. it looked like the shift ratchet isn't engaging the star wheel properly ( I ordered one and the springs just waiting on arival) while riding before I lost everything it felt like the tranny would go into a momentary neutral then pop back in

·
Registered
865 Posts
It doesn't go into gear at all. Doesn't matter what you do to the shifter.. it looked like the shift ratchet isn't engaging the star wheel properly ( I ordered one and the springs just waiting on arival) while riding before I lost everything it felt like the tranny would go into a momentary neutral then pop back in
Sound like you might be on right track. With the cover removed, maybe hook up the shift link see how the motion is. Did the shifting fork with the springs have both front and rear springs?
Does the shift link have the serations on it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.