VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...
I got some of the aluminum anodized engine bolts from Witchdoctors maybe 8 months back...noticed today how much they've faded compared to the bolts in the bag I haven't used.
Kind of disappointing considering the price paid...
Just wondering if this is an across the board issue or if there is a better product I should have been looking for (material or craftsmanship -wise.)

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Colored anodized aluminum tends to fade in UV (sunlight). This is not really a Witchdoctors issue, but a problem in general with putting anodized parts on something that spends most of its time outdoors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, wasn't pointing fingers at WD, just wondering if there is a different product that wouldn't fade the same way. Love the look when they pop, I'd just like it to last.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My red ones for WD did the same thing. One way to make it more permanent is to paint them. A good way to do that is to sand blast the bolt heads then stick them thread first into some Styrofoam. You can then spray them with a light coat of primer then the color of your choosing. You will still get some tool marks in the hex head but it will be minor and not too noticeable. Or you can paint them with fingernail paint. I would still sand blast and prime them first though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.