Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1-Light tint flip wind shield shorter than stock done
2-Polk front and rear marine grade speakers done
3-Chrome tour rack done
4-Radio antenna mounted on front fairing done
5-All services done.
6-Baker clear lower air wings in, install next week.
7-Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp in, making a harness to connect at radio harness for amp so I don't have to run to front and rear speakers.
8-Replaced kick stand pad with Hockey puck style a bit taller.

Looking for Options to improve headlight lighting. Prefer Led but not much fits. I already went through the plastic lens melting with stock lighting. Warranty replacement.

Wood Flooring Hardwood Font Wood stain

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
you will be all set for the next Mason Dixon ride this summer !!! ;)

Peter

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you will be all set for the next Mason Dixon ride this summer !!! ;)

Peter
Is that still going on?? I am limited on off time , have to pick my battles, he he. Plan on a trip to Canada I have always wanted to make that trip. Some guys I met convinced me to go. If I can sneak a trip that way since I am a giver, I will let you buy me lunch. I kill me...

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3-Chrome tour rack done
5-All services done.
7-Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp in, making a harness to connect at radio harness for amp so I don't have to run to front and rear speakers.

Looking for Options to improve headlight lighting. Prefer Led but not much fits. I already went through the plastic lens melting with stock lighting. Warranty replacement.

View attachment 419473
Installed today. I have not taken for a ride yet but will test later. Warning if you are going to install these. do not trust the template. One side was off so I had to re drill, but you can't see it because the support bracket covers it up. The version is not quite symetrical. So aligning for visual look is good. View attachment 419993 View attachment 420001
Helmet Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Attachments

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed today. I have not taken for a ride yet but will test later. Warning if you are going to install these. do not trust the template. One side was off so I had to re drill, but you can't see it because the support bracket covers it up. The version is not quite symetrical. So aligning for visual look is good. View attachment 419993 View attachment 420001 View attachment 420009 View attachment 420017 View attachment 420041 View attachment 420057
Meant the Vision is not perfectly symetrical, fiddlesticks...

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This information is just from some observations I noted during installation to help others for an easy install.

1-The template is OK but just make sure that the rubber washers that are on the brackets are on the farthest outer edge of the area of install. The farther in toward center of the area of install the more it limits how open you can go with the wings.
2-I believe the that pivot point bracket should be reveres, this will bring back the wings a bit allowing full range of closing. As installed per my images above the pivot point is at the rear I will flip the pivot point toward the front to test this but I am pretty sure it will work better.
3-I almost feel each bracket should have two holes with two bolts. not one. I will see how it holds up.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3-Chrome tour rack done
5-All services done.

View attachment 419473
Last minute purchase too good to pass up on E-bay.. Vision Thunder headers, for when I feel like taking off the top box. Ok now I am done. I think...

Wood Bicycle part Musical instrument Material property Wind instrument

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
did you try that windshield out during this little heat wave we just had ?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you try that windshield out during this little heat wave we just had ?
Yes I went on a quick 5 mike ride. Since I liked the Ness flip so much I just wanted a light tint just a bit taller. It was perfect for me and on the lower setting the flip did its job. I am happy with the quick test ride.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have t
Yes I went on a quick 5 mike ride. Since I liked the Ness flip so much I just wanted a light tint just a bit taller. It was perfect for me and on the lower setting the flip did its job. I am happy with the quick test ride.
I have the Ness Dark Tint it's yours free. Drop me a line since your in MA.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I have t
I have the Ness Dark Tint it's yours free. Drop me a line since your in MA.
not sure who your talking to there but if its me i'm not interested in a dark tint or a shorter windshield,,, thanks though :icon_thumleft:

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I could offer it a Texas home. I'll pay shipping.....if it's not ridiculous and you don't mind boxing it up.

I certainly understand passing it on local though so you won't hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I could offer it a Texas home. I'll pay shipping.....if it's not ridiculous and you don't mind boxing it up.

I certainly understand passing it on local though so you won't hurt my feelings.
No problem it's yours. Pm me your info I will ship next week . I will pay for shipping just returning the many times I have been kindly helped on Thevog.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.