VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have an 08 JP. I am looking for a slick looking windsheild.
Something small enough to block the wind off my chest, but not to BIG to take away from the great look that the JP offers -- not an old man so I want to try and avoid that look if possible.
Having looked and read on this forum. I found this type of windsheild and it seems to be ideal candidate for me. However, before purchasing this. I'd like to get some imput from other riders on this forum.
It is called a Mini Standard Windshield.
Has anyone used one before?
Likes?
Dislikes?
Im open to other suggestions for windshield, but I dont want to break the bank on a windshield that I only plan on using for LONG road trips. When I am in town I dont want that thing up at all! And Im looking for something that has a "quick release" Pictures would be great!
Thanks much

·
Registered
11,753 Posts

I think this is the one you are looking at. I use it in spring through summer. I keeps the wind off but is not super big. It is very high quality, I really like it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saxtron, what's the name of that one you posted? What's the price tag on that bad boy? I doubt it's a Vic branded because there isn't a nameplate anywhere. I like the look of it, is it quick detatch?

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
It is Victory it was 150.00 and the quick release brackets are 99.00 if you want to totally remove it.

Its the same one posted above to start the thread. They look a lot better in person than that catalog pic.

I really like it. You can see the profile of the screen is so much cleaner and streamlined. Naturally you lose surface area but surely keeps the wind off your chest.

I forget to mention the quick release brackets are rubber lined. They remove completely from the bike with a twist of the lever. So if you ride the slab for a several hundred miles it saves energy by the added comfort and in 60 seconds its in your hotel room and you are ready for the bare naked biker bar scene> The quick release is not lock and ride. Lock and ride is a permanent attachment on the tubes that needs to be wrenched off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dude! Thanks a bunch for the info! That is the one that I'm gonna pick up. I wanted to support my local Vic dealer but I didn't want to shell out $500 for the lock n ride system. I'm going to be a new homebuyer in about a week (that's why I could afford a vic so far) so I hope I'm not too broke to do a few upgrades before summer.

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
No problem, the thickness of the smaller one is the same as the big one. It is a very good quality acrylic.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the pics. -- always better to see what it looks like ON THE BIKE, then in the shop.
Do you have the Part Number for that windsheild and the mounting bracket? (So many different windshields & bracketsI want to get the correct one)
Did you say it was acrylic? I thought these were POLYCARBONATE...

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
They are poly, my error. As an old fart everything not glass to me is acrylic.

2875581 Windshield

2874983 Quick Release

I think

·
Registered
20 Posts

I also have an 08 JP. I think my windsheild is the same as the one in the picture. I too only have it installed on long trips so may be twice a year. My idea of long trips would be longer than a day. It isnt that quick to remove as the brackets have to come off too. but it does do a good job when it on. At speeds over 120km you do get some wind buffering on the helmet.
Adrian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.