1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Not that I am aware of

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Forgive me for asking this question as I am not a Goldwing rider, but why would you need it? If I want air on my Vision I just drop the screen. Also, I'd have to check but I think the windscreen would be too far away to reach.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
You mean like this ? go to gallery and blow this up and you can see it better. I met him at the soup run in FonDuLac. He said it improved the sucking effect at speed
and improved the air flow. (I never really had a problem)
And before you perverts get involved, thats his daughter.
Bill, you can add comments to how it works.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I thought about it. There are days when I want the windshield all the way up because of the wind noise, but don't because it gets too hot.
I put one on my FLHTC, it was great

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I had a 20" Cee Baylies and when it was all the way down I looked right into the top lip. I hated that so I cut 1 1/4 " off and it was just enough. At 18 3/4 " I look easily over the top but it still offers all the protection i need when i put it up.
I personally have never had an issue with turbulence around the dash.

And mark your right there isnt an easy way to reach the shield when riding.
If i remember correctly Bill had the flipper part out so it was just the hole.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
You guys and your 40 ft. windshields........while I'm rolling around with my little blade. Last I checked the little lady was more than happy with the 12" I was giving her....although she enjoys it more when its up all the way.

:)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Somebody in Arizona go over to Marks house and whack him upside the head, he's dreamin again !

Hell if it was 110 in the shade here i would be using a blade shield also!
It was 65 and rainin here today.......this week !

·
Registered
20 Posts

a Honda Tech told me the only reason the GW has that vent is to cut down on the shield buffetting. I read the same thing in a Bike Mag once too.I don't know if it's completley correct, but thats what was said.I don't have any personal experience.

·
Registered
128 Posts

phoenix9 said:
You guys and your 40 ft. windshields........while I'm rolling around with my little blade. Last I checked the little lady was more than happy with the 12" I was giving her....although she enjoys it more when its up all the way.

:)
I'm not going anywhere near commenting on this one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.