VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the Victory tall windshield and after nearly 40,000 miles (mostly on the highway) it has become fogged from scratches. I've tried the Nexus product, and it's still hazy. Since Vic is no more, I'm having to change from what I've got.

What alternatives are out there; 2011 XC.

Reactions: slickvic

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
I just added a 7Jurock flip shield to my Vision. I got the stock height but it performs like a taller shield. Good product at a good price.

7JuRock

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I've got the Victory tall windshield and after nearly 40,000 miles (mostly on the highway) it has become fogged from scratches. I've tried the Nexus product, and it's still hazy. Since Vic is no more, I'm having to change from what I've got.

What alternatives are out there; 2011 XC.
I can sell you one of my gently used tall screens. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
Windvest.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Madstad?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at Madstad. I'm not sure that it will fit the 2011 without their hardware.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Reactions: dsh89

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Another vote for Gustafson! Just an FYI, you can rub out light scratches and oxidation on those w/shields with a lightly abrasive polishing compound. I'd recommend something like Meguiars M205.

Reactions: slickvic

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another vote for Gustafson! Just an FYI, you can rub out light scratches and oxidation on those w/shields with a lightly abrasive polishing compound. I'd recommend something like Meguiars M205.
That's what I thought, but discovered that the Vic OEM windshields have a hard coating that doesn't take to polish well. I bought the Novus system and attempted to clear it up, but it still looks "foggy" at dusk and night time.

·
Registered
12,815 Posts
That's what I thought, but discovered that the Vic OEM windshields have a hard coating that doesn't take to polish well. I bought the Novus system and attempted to clear it up, but it still looks "foggy" at dusk and night time.
My klockwerks Unfortunately seems to be doing the same. When I use plexus polish it does seem to brighten it up but within a couple of days at different angles of light I can see the haziness reappear.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@spamaster Did your Vic tall windshield come with the external braces? Mine did, and the dealer chunked the original socket washers when they put it on. That's going to complicate changing back to a 4 hole windshield vs. the 6 hole version that I have.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I'm familiar as I've gone thru that coating. I didn't go thru it however until I tried micro-fine sanding a scratch and then buffing. That coating surprisingly will stand up to buffing with a mildly abrasive polish like m205. If you're not good with a buffer use it by hand with some elbow grease.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
View attachment 474073 Here is a pic of my original tall wind shield for sale.
Bujee, thanks for the picture. That will fit 2012 models and up; I've got a 2011, so it won't work. My bolting pattern is quite different. Also, that screen sits outside of the faring; mine fits down in it.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Bujee, thanks for the picture. That will fit 2012 models and up; I've got a 2011, so it won't work. My bolting pattern is quite different. Also, that screen sits outside of the faring; mine fits down in it.
I have a 2011 as well. All the hardware needed is included.

Reactions: Phideaux

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ordered my MadStad on May 14th and they charged me that day from my bank. It is now May 25th and still no shipping notice. I have emailed them and asked how much longer before I get a shipping notice yesterday and still no word. They said when I ordered it that it would take 3 to 7 days before shipping. Not very happy with them at this time. I hope it works better than there shipping and customer service.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.