VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a windshield for my 2008 Jackpot for longer road trips that can easily be taken off for boulevard cruising. Are there any windshelds out there that don't look too cheesy? Pictures would be great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey guys I have the victory windshield on my 08 Jackpot. It is the lock & ride style. I have theone that is mid height. It is a bit costly but works really well. I`m 6`0 tall and I look over the windsheild by about 4 inches. I still get a little bit of wind buffering but not a problem. Much better then when I did not have the windshield. I originally got it to use only on longer rides, but have found myself leaving it on all the time. Good luck

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
National Cycle Switch Blade. Have had one on my Hammer for a couple of years. Seconds on and off.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Another point on the wind buffeting(sp?) is your helmet. I've tried a few different ones, and could tell an obvious difference.

I have the smaller stock shield on mine and it works great. It's pretty much a part of my bike but I know the new quick release shields work well. As said above $$$.

Have you checked out any of the SuperFly style shields?

·
Registered
152 Posts

NICE BIKE LOSMAN!!!!
SOFAKING....HERE IS A PIC OF MY 07 WITH A 19" X 16" NON-QUICK DETACH...(IT ONLY TAKES ME ABOUT 3-4 MINUTES TO REMOVE IT). i'M NOT SURE THEY OFFER IT FOR THE 08'S.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have a memphis shades pop top on mine, small enough to look good and does a good job protecting. they make one called the alley cat that is a few inches taller. on and off in about 30 seconds

·
Registered
152 Posts
gurleyman said:
merrilra said:
NICE BIKE LOSMAN!!!!
SOFAKING....HERE IS A PIC OF MY 07 WITH A 19" X 16" NON-QUICK DETACH...(IT ONLY TAKES ME ABOUT 3-4 MINUTES TO REMOVE IT). i'M NOT SURE THEY OFFER IT FOR THE 08'S.
merrilra, you've got the setup I'm talking about, the mini standard. Looks like you've got some adjustability there too am I right? I've got an 07 jackpot and thinking about this one too, just don't want to throw money at it only to go back and get the lock and ride.
Can you tell me if it provides you with adequate protection and if there is any buffeting going on to speak of? Appreciate it.
Nice ride by the way!
Thanks.......
I stand 5'9 and this shield does protect me for the most part. When i get over 100 MPH I tend to lean into it a little more than just doing the speed limit. It works for me....The adjustment is in where you mount it to the forks. 2-3" range.
If I know I will be crusin around town, I will take it off to get that wind in your face feelin...
Good Luck Bro

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. I went with the Memphis Shades 17" Slim. It actually extends 17.5" about the headlight, which places it about neck height. I ordered from West End Motor Sports on Monday night and received the windshield on Friday.
So far, it's just tall enough to take the edge off when crusing at 80 mph, but I still feel the wind [that's why we ride], but it doesn't seem like my head is getting torn off when a semi passes going the other direction.
The advantage of the Memphis shades is that for $150 I can get a muchlargershield with the same mounting hardware. The radius of the 9" cutout is a good fit for the Jackpot headlamp.
I will agree with dsjr70 - the mounting hardware can be better, but for $250, what does one expect.
Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Memphis Shades 17" Slim or The Mini Standard?

I'd prefer the quick release for either windshield, but I dont see a mounting kit for either one. Is there a quick release for windshield? -- Any Help would be great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.