VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally showed up. I installed it and took it out for a ride all over Reno. Man that lip shot the air right over my head and I can hear the radio and enjoyed it. Love the look and it woks for me..
Andy please post my picks I sent you..
Thank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is tinted +2 inches tall with a lip/spoiler. Gustafsson Plastic made it for me. Hopefully Andy will post the pics. I sent him an e-mail with pics.I dont know how to post on sight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,394 Posts
I guess he lost my phone number? He was supposed to call me when he had something. Oh well, looks good and glad it works.

That looks fairly tall, how much taller that stock and how tall are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

He was tough to get a hold of but he finally called me last week and wanted to confirm shipping adress.
The stock shield is nine inches, I measured the new windshield and it was 11 inches. It does look taller? Maybe the bend is what does it. I like it...
I'm 5'11".... 31 inseam... The windshiels is about(bottom) nose high and I look right over it. No wind to face area so freeway driving is good. Most air or wind comes from under or sides of the gas tank. Not sure if lowers will hurt the motor with out proper air flow to cool the baby down. They (dealer) say run the lowers during winter but take them off when it gets warm???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,880 Posts
Nice design & color. Gustafsson Plastics eh?? Have to check them out. Bueno!! Love the "kicker" lip on it - looks like a "worker."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts

Dirt_Sample said:
I just ordered one today, it will ship today or tomorrow, 11" tinted with the lip...
Please give us your review when you get it thanks! Looks good but hate to invest in another shield if it doesn't work. Have the cee baily's 13" it works good but not great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts

QUE PASA, Big Mex, your bike is looking good Essay!!!, LOL,
Serious side, all angles of your bike with the new wind screen look really good & functional. My question though is after 45mph to 75-80mph does the NEW screen still work at eliminating the buffeting?????
I'll ask ya later about the effect that OIL & SUNDAYS have on yer bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Bigmex said:
It is tinted +2 inches tall with a lip/spoiler. Gustafsson Plastic made it for me. Hopefully Andy will post the pics. I sent him an e-mail with pics.I dont know how to post on sight
What was the tint on the shield? Is that the medium grey? Also, what size holes did you have to drill in the shield?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
racky said:
QUE PASA, Big Mex, your bike is looking good Essay!!!, LOL,
Serious side, all angles of your bike with the new wind screen look really good & functional. My question though is after 45mph to 75-80mph does the NEW screen still work at eliminating the buffeting?????
I have never had buffeting issues. At low speeds (around town) you don't feel a thing. At speeds the wind just jumps over my head. I can feel very little on top of my head but I really feel the wind coming up from the tank/leg area. I would like to try adjustable lows and see what happens. Buffeting to me is like riding behind a 18 wheeler and the air pushes you every where..We are on motocycles and everyone is different.I like mywindshieldand some may not...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Woody63 said:
Bigmex said:
It is tinted +2 inches tall with a lip/spoiler. Gustafsson Plastic made it for me. Hopefully Andy will post the pics. I sent him an e-mail with pics.I dont know how to post on sight
What was the tint on the shield? Is that the medium grey? Also, what size holes did you have to drill in the shield?
I have the dark tint...The darkest tint they have..They also have solid colors. I used my dremmel with a cone shape . I used a smaller one first. I placed the shield on the bike then with the small cone (stone) I markedand burned the holes into the shield with the dremmel. I then stepped the size up close to the boltsize.. This wayyou dont crack the shield. Got to take your time on this.. Took me 20 minutes or a little less..
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top