VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Cross Country with a stock 13 inch windshield had helmet rattling wind buffeting above 60 miles an hour. I did some research and read the reviews about the Madstad adjustable windshields. I bought the Madstad 13 inch windshield and adjustable bracket hardware.

The Madstad shield took care of the wind buffeting up to 90 plus MPH. The secret is elevating the bottom of the windshield at least one inch above the fairing to redirect the pressure that builds up in this area.
Best $300 I have invested so far...

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I concur. I removed my lowers because I couldn’t stand how they looked, but my buffeting increased. After the Madstad, it’s pretty much gone

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
One adjustment VERY important....have windshield at 61 degrees, made a big difference for me (I called madstad and they gave me the info):icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I loaded an app to my phone called Bubble Level to measure the angle.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
One adjustment VERY important....have windshield at 61 degrees, made a big difference for me (I called madstad and they gave me the info):icon_thumleft:
I wasn't aware of the angle, but they did include a paper "angle finder" so I figured that was close enough. I can measure it later.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Lets see it?
pics?

WW

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Looks good.
Anyone running a tinted short variety?
If so, post it up and how does it work for your height?

WW

·
Registered
820 Posts
Looks good.
Anyone running a tinted short variety?
If so, post it up and how does it work for your height?

WW
View attachment 495441

Not a shorty but I have run shorty, v-stream, klockwerks flip and the madstad windshield you see. Flip works best until windy (lots of flex because of thinner plex) and madstad #2 but way better in windy conditions.

Reactions: WickedWebby

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks Mobear66.

·
Registered
820 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had been through 3 shields and hated every one. Finally i had the wife buy me the Madstad for my birthday 18 months ago. The last 12k miles have been so much better than the first. I now can ride at 80, visor up and no head movement or air in my eyes. It is amazing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.