VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, thanks!!! Called the dealer today and guess what, they forgot to put it on. They were nice enough to throw in an oil-change kit for my trouble.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Aetos82 said:
Excuse my stupid question im still learning here.... What is a Collector shield?
Look at the difference on the two pipes. There is a shield on the second bike that is right where the two pipes go into one just before the muffler. That was left off the first bike.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Very Nice of the dealer to step up and give you a free service for the oversight.
now THATS the way they all should be.
Not, sorry you didnt buy it here...blah blah blah.
Good to hear

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Very Nice of the dealer to step up and give you a free service for the oversight.
now THATS the way they all should be.
Not, sorry you didnt buy it here...blah blah blah.
Good to hear
Called dealer they forgot to put it on. Kinda hard to say you did'nt buy it here no ?
I like the gift for the mistake, should post which dealer it was so folks know there are good ones out there, not just bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They didn't give me a free service, just a free oil-change kit. Still good in my books. Jay over at CycleWorks has taken real good care of me right from day one. If you're thinking about buying a Vic in the Edmonton area, go talk to him first.

Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
From the pictures it looks better to me without the shield, probably not if or when it starts bluing though. I like the 2 into one on the hammer, it looks like they designed them just for the hammer. Just like the Jackpot looks best with the swept pipes (in my opinion).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not too loud. Just loud enough for me. A very nice low tone. Nothing tinny about it. I like it cause when you get on it it comes alive. The man wouldn't even know you had loud pipes unless you were driving around like an idiot all the time...

Hope that helps. I think there are a couple you-tube posts out there you can listen too as well.

~Bill

·
Registered
27 Posts
wjcbsr said:
They didn't give me a free service, just a free oil-change kit. Still good in my books. Jay over at CycleWorks has taken real good care of me right from day one. If you're thinking about buying a Vic in the Edmonton area, go talk to him first.

Bill
Just bought a 2011 Hammer 8 Ball from Jay at Cycleworks Edmonton, best buying experience I've had. Quick and painless, did most of the work through online website. Their financial department is great too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
pipes too loud! got a Victory made Stage 1 X-bow pipes on my Kingpin '07. And got two problems- the whole street of ours knows when I leave or arrive home, the second is worse- at about 60 mph (in the O/D gear)the whole bike begins to shake too much (kind of resonance).So I think I need to make these pipes less loud. Any ideas? For harleys a lot of companies offer different soothers....Thanks for any good ideas

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Take it above 60 in 5th and pull in the clutch and let the engine idle, do the same in 6th. If you still have the vibrations something else is amiss, maybe one of your weights fell off a rim. OT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.