VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Vic Shop and Loydz.....

Every bloody time I go to a link that is posted for either of them, because of their genorosity in the making of and distributing how to videos and other good stuff, I lose at least one or two more hours of time watching a few of them. I guess I could also throw in the same feelings against the Witch doctors as well.....

Thanks fellows from the land down under as without your good generous offerings a lot of us out here in the wild would not be able to maintain their bikes as well as we do as dealers and knowledge of these bikes here is very very sparse...... And of course a shout has to go out to all the voggers as well.....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lets not forget that crazy Canuc Paul JP.
His vids have cost me an inordinate amount of time as well.
I'm waiting for him to do one on the chirping belt.
I've got mine solved but there are surely guys who could use a tip there.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well he was in my mind when the shout out to all voggers was added..... @CCTRudy

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Yeah Paul's videos are great.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Lets not forget that crazy Canuc Paul JP.
His vids have cost me an inordinate amount of time as well.
Beeswax worked on mine years ago. Hasn't screeched since.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Why wait, you solved the problem so maybe you could make a video :smile:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I solved mine by spending an evening very carefully adjusting the rear wheel alignment and running the belt a little loose. I would like to make a video but don't have the equipment, the patience or most importantly, the videography skills to compete with Paul or Jon.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nooooooooo! I refuse to open that video again..... No, Nope, Ain't going to happen..... :angel4:

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
How to stop lifter noise

The real fix is replacing the noisy lifter. But trying to find the failed one is the problem. All 6 of mine were replaced under warranty. Problem solved. It was paid for by extended warranty. Though all 6 were scrutinized by the tech who's been wrenching on Vics since 1999, he just couldn't determine the duff one. They all looked the same. But I don't care. Problem solved.

Before:

After lifter replacement:

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea! It happened again...... :angel4:

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
The real fix is replacing the noisy lifter. But trying to find the failed one is the problem. All 6 of mine were replaced under warranty. Problem solved. It was paid for by extended warranty. Though all 6 were scrutinized by the tech who's been wrenching on Vics since 1999, he just couldn't determine the duff one. They all looked the same. But I don't care. Problem solved.

Before:

After lifter replacement:

Nice, glad you fixed it ... Good info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.