VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the chance to ride a Cross Roads today for the second time and noticed this time the wine of the gear driven primary. Can someone tell me why they do this versus the belt or chain that other people use?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so if the gear driven is the Gold standard (I think Honda uses it on the Wing too), then why has Harley not went to it as well. I know this is a Victory board, but hear me out. For the time being, Harley is the standard that all motorcycles are measured by in the United States. It is no small secret that at one point and time Harley had a problem with reliability (so would say they still do). So if gear driven is the standard, why would the "the standard" not go to it.

Once again, a Victory Cross Roads is going to be my next bike, I'm just curious as to why some things are the way they are.

Also thought it was funny yesterday when I went to drive the Cross Roads that the Victory dealership is literally across the street from the Harley dealership. Now that's what I call a stare down.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Outside of the Wing (I think) what other bikes use a Gear to Gear primary? I think we have decided that Gear/Gear is the Gold Standard. So knowing what bikes use G/G and which use belt/chain lets us know which are Harley imitators and which are truly giving the MoCo a run for their money.

I'm not against Harley, it just really bugs me that my 1300 VTX can blow most of their bikes away and they have 300ish cc more engine. Its a great business decision but I can't stand it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts