VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
sure it's not torx? T15 I think is about 3.3mm.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
@primethious ha, 3.3 is large and burly to you? You know she was lying to you...

·
Registered
491 Posts
She told me size didn't matter. was I lied to also? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Why would you put 3.3mm Allen head screws on anything!
Welcome to the VOG. Looks like this is your first post. Also looks like you have a 2010 Vision. Where is this screw that you are referring to?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Subscribed .... I want to know what & were on a vic is a 3 mm alan key bolt

The only STAR key i ever found on a vic is the sidestand electrical cutoff switch ...
Must be that it was added for export sales. There is no kickstand switch on US models which I have gotten used to and now prefer. No fork lock either but I would like to have that.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Must be that it was added for export sales. There is no kickstand switch on US models which I have gotten used to and now prefer. No fork lock either but I would like to have that.
Would the sidestand cutoff switch be from HD ? Coz so many star allan key on HD

Yes only for export vics, and it really does not matter if the switch is there or not, but it works, i tested it ... smile

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
semantics, I said torx to begin with, and I'm assuming that is what it is.

@BlAirF0rce The only other thing I can imagine is if it WAS a 3mm that got subtly rounded so it's a bit larger. Here's a thought, grab a fat, flat rubber band and press a 3mm Allen into it then force that ***** into the hole and you should be good. Or, easier, try the torx bit. Maybe worst case an Easy-Out screw extractor, small slotted screwdriver, vise-grips or whatever else you might have lying around. I'm assuming, of course, that you are trying to remove a screw. I've seen and used 1.7mm and 0.8mm Allen wrenches for work, so I know they come in odd sizes. Either way, come back and look at the responses and good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.