Why do you love motorcycles | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Why do you love motorcycles

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by rainman, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Trendkill

Trendkill Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Magnum
    Tough, to explain, but intrinsic, isn't it? Riding is a lot of things for me, and it's gotten me through so many things in my life. As a kid I had all manner of dirt bike, go cart, 3 and 4 wheelers, on and on...I didn't ride much again until my late 20's, and couldn't believe I'd left it for so long after getting off the horse, so to speak. Riding allows me to isolate myself from everyone else. It allows me to truly think. There's something instinctual about planting yourself on that frame, moving, acting and reacting to the road with all that it can throw at you. It allows me to see the world in a way that we never can in a cage. It turns the everyday into the picturesque. It's a modern mechanical marvel that teaches me something new everytime I look at it, learn from it, and read about it. It's a canvas that lets me build a reflection of who I am, how I feel, and who I want to be. It's been a bond by which I've met some of the best people I've ever known. It's the tool by which so many of us leave our cares and problems behind and find that there are others like us. It's been my weapon against bias, mediocrity, and conformity.
    Time and again I've stared death square in the eye on one of those things and never blinked first. I do occasionally tell myself that I must be a GD madman to have seen and done the things on a bike that I have and continue to go out and light the starter every day, but it calls to you, and once that's in your blood it never goes away.

Others may see it as simply transportation. To me, it's a dream machine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. robsvision

robsvision Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    Yes but do you go sit on your bike and start it just to hear it run. Maybe the weather is to nasty to ride.
    Have you ever needed to just ride around the block even though you just got home from a long ride?
    Do you feel the need to just look at it even though you have no time to go for a ride.

3. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    I have a friend that has never stopped riding, we are the same age and have both been in some military service but different branches and countries. I had stopped riding for some 30 odd years before getting back onto a bike, and every time we meet and talk bikes he just looks at me and says.... "You have it real bad don't you".... The 'IT' in this case is the love of riding the bike.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Triumph Bonneville T120
    "Why do love motorcycles?" All the cool forums of course!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BobB

BobB Active Member

Cross Country Tour
    When I ride, it's a mental holiday. The senses are so overloaded with input that I forget all the crap going on in my day today life and is replaced by the sights, smells, sounds, feelings and taste that there is no room for the crap. I come back more centered and at peace.
    I find that with sailing also.

6. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    Nope. I am a rider. I don't really understand people who think of a bike as art to admire while stationary. That is how we end up with so many garage queens from other brands.

7. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Come on now, tell me that you don''t like this Garage Queen:

image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oldman47

Oldman47 Well-Known Member

2013 black Vision
    Looks just fine but how does she ride?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Any way she wants to and gives one something to do in garage, since the Vics don't need much!

King me Baby.

:ok:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Ghostrider25

Ghostrider25 Lone Rider of the Apocolypse

'14 Victory Vision.......... '17 Triumph Trophy ...... '11 Suzuki GSX1250FA
    Oh sure, ya had to go and say FJR! 2015 no less! :badgrin: I have lusted after that machine for a long time now, but it never seems to work out for one reason or another. Maybe one day when the GSX1250FA expires I'll finally make the move on one. Problem is, that GSX may well outlive me! She has been absolutely bullet proof. Which is why I bought her in the first place.

Excellent choice, dude. You'll have to submit a ride report on her. Where did you get yours? I bought my GSX from GP...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  11. UncleBob

UncleBob Active Member

2007 Victory Kingpin Tour Arlen Ness Signature model
    'cause when i"m riding my Kingpin, I'm not 68 freakin' years old. It's just that simple. Don't get me wrong, I've been riding dirt and street bikes continuously since I was 17. And when I can no longer handle two wheels, I'll go to three. I just hope that day is still a long way off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1