VOG Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Businesses, all businesses, advance their products primarily due to the competition. That and Engineers who have nothing to do and for job security come up with things you didn't even know you needed until the company told you you did. Such is the world of electronics.

If Victory management had spent the same amount of money on development, marketing, cosmetics, etc in years preceding the demise as they did on Indian in year one, sales wouldn't have tanked. The Indian name was a big pull to the mindless though and sales were backed up before the first one hit the road. They didn't even know what they were getting for their 30G's.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I agree that Indians only survival tactic would be to appeal to the future rider but today’s rider and yesterday’s rider still want an Indian. Hell som of our future riders will want one too.
They need to keep with the 111/116 entry Chief Chief classics and chieftains. The bikes are beautiful and to those who like them they care more about that beauty and fit and finish. The Challenger Victory motor needs to be placed in whole new designs. Like the Challenger and the new Pursuit which should resemble more along the lines of a Cross bike. This can be Indians muscle line up and yes they need one.
BMW has one. Triumph too. As for Harley ? They need another Vrod.

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like my Roadmaster and LOVE my Magnum. They are totally different kinds of bikes. The Roadmaster kind of reminds me of the Harley's I have had . Sits about the same as a Harley , you kind of sit on top of it but with the Magnum you feel like you are sitting in it . I believe Polaris could have kept both brands because the people that buy Indians probably wouldn't want a Victory and vice -versa.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I like my Roadmaster and LOVE my Magnum. They are totally different kinds of bikes. The Roadmaster kind of reminds me of the Harley's I have had . Sits about the same as a Harley , you kind of sit on top of it but with the Magnum you feel like you are sitting in it . I believe Polaris could have kept both brands because the people that buy Indians probably wouldn't want a Victory and vice -versa.
Really ? I got 2 Harleys parked next to my chieftain limited and there's no comparison as far as sitting on vs sitting in. In fact my Magnum sat almost identical to my indian. But you know what the seat on the Roadmaster makes a night and day difference. It was actually the biggest turn off to me when I sat on it. Yeah you mite have something there with the RM in comparison. I was just flat foot on it with no bend in my knees at all.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I agree that Indians only survival tactic would be to appeal to the future rider but today's rider and yesterday's rider still want an Indian. Hell som of our future riders will want one too.
They need to keep with the 111/116 entry Chief Chief classics and chieftains. The bikes are beautiful and to those who like them they care more about that beauty and fit and finish. The Challenger Victory motor needs to be placed in whole new designs. Like the Challenger and the new Pursuit which should resemble more along the lines of a Cross bike. This can be Indians muscle line up and yes they need one.
BMW has one. Triumph too. As for Harley ? They need another Vrod.
I certainly hope you are right Slickvic. I am most anxious on the Pursuit hoping it will be an updated Cross Country.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
That and the day they announced buying the Indian name it seems all original and unique ideas left Polaris.
I have to say Mark the Vic lineup was at a standstill for quite a few years there also. The Octane and Empulse were the only two new creations in motorcycles. Not counting the Slingshot. Sure the Magnum and X1’s came along with changes in the cruiser lineup also like the Highball and Gunner. Then colors and wheel changes mostly. The Freedom 106 ran its course and the money had to go to the new horse which has made strides wether we like it or not. Again standstill for Indian not because they ran out of ideas but because the market isn’t biting no matter what you do. They can’t even meet the small demand of buyers today. Harley Davidson seems to be trying the most in development and improvement. The aftermarket certainly abundant for performance and accessories. Not favoring Indian or HD here. Victory was and still is my choice. Kind of glad they ran out of ideas after our bikes were made. Wouldn’t want to know there was something out there better.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts