Why did Polaris stick with Indian motor and not Victory? | Page 3 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Why did Polaris stick with Indian motor and not Victory?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by LouisArena, Oct 8, 2021.

1. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Vision
    not true…look at other big companies that have done it…Ford & Mercury, Chevy & Pontiac…

wait….never mind.

• Funny Funny x 8
  2. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    The Indian motor is different. At least they get a knock sensor built into it so can push the tuning on it until it's knocking.

I hate the look of Harleys, always will be an old man bike to me because they have looked exactly the same since 1960 ish?
    Reboot Indian with the huge fenders and rolling monument of chrome was fugly as well. Actually don't mind the fenders but the giant chrome fairing blinding me as they approached on road was enough to piss me off.

Indian is slowly the last few years moving closer to bikes that appeal to me with the dark horse versions. Blacked out motors with bright colors, open front fender, etc.

Waiting for a fork mounted fairing Challenger motor garage queen on the used market in another half dozen years for $10-15k. I just need Polaris to get it on the market so I can buy it from a nice old biker looking to retire from two wheels. That's how I got my Victory that I sure wouldn't buy new.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Oh boy ….. Mike I think we’re both in trouble.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. zebber

zebber Active Member

2016 Magnum, 2017 Indian Roadmaster
    Me either ,, mine is 4 years old with 10,000 miles and I got it for less than half the price of a new one .

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
    You can include me on that list..... If the new model comes out with a jack daniels paint scheme like the 2021 version I'll be selling my soul. At the very least considering it. Then again my inner jew will most likely talk me out of bike that's over 20K.

I've been wanting a new ride for some time now. I got my rat bike to have fun on but looking for a new touring model with more power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    If this is the Indian Pursuit then I’m back in the fence. I imderstand that this patent drawing targets the motor and not necessarily the styling of the bike. Thanks f that’s the case then what I see here is possibly the next Cross bike with an Indian badge on it. They may be throwing us off with the fenders and the big ass windshield. It also looks like a new Chief styled bike also. Hmmmmmm 2AF3F533-0838-4E17-B3E1-5A6F77D9ADEE.png

7. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    ADCF86EF-F485-48AB-9E06-41BF03451964.jpeg 2131A554-C7A9-432B-8E49-3FD3F14461DF.jpeg E9931082-6687-463C-90CF-84C31DCFA489.jpeg Some more info on this pursuit
    9AFB9945-E356-4861-B75E-6F70D81556E3.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    @slickvic gonna have to stay on the fence till the full release of it and the models it comes in. But because it comes in a limited I’m thinking we’re not seeing everything with what’s showing. I find it very hard to believe that with that fairing and it’s obvious the ride command is in there that’s my inner fairing also. That there’s not a model with bags to boot. Tourpak wise I’d buy the model without it. The one on my chieftain is a HD and I’m sure I can make it work like I did this. My limited was 5000 cheaper than a roadmaster and there was plenty on there I didn’t want to begin with. So it cost me 1200 to put a detachable tourpak on which held more and was 35 pounds lighter. But we will have to see when they release them what they actually consist of I’m thinking. It reads right in that article what we see is not necessarily what we’re going to get

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PreachSF

PreachSF Well-Known Member

Bullitt (07 Hammer S w/ Jackpot front end)
    so they could sell junk with an indian logo, because that is where the money is .... polaris ALWAYS wanted Indian, but back in the 90s they couldnt aquire the brand. so they built Vic from the ground up.

and should have stayed with it imo

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    Not that I’m gonna jump on it anytime soon but If they can make an Indian that is basically a Victory with a Challenger motor then I can consider that as a replacement if ever I need one. At this stage of the game it’s more of a want thing than a need thing and right now I don’t need or want. Polarass did it before and they can do it again. They built Victory and they’re great bikes. They can make great Indians too. With Wino and Minute man (Menneto) out of the picture we may have some nice modern Indians coming down the pike but Polarass ought not loose sight of what Indian truly is to so many that wanted and love this brand. They need to keep a nostalgic ….Vintage line. Meaning the big fender bikes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. slickvic

2011 Cross Country
    I’m curious and excited at the same time. It looks to me that Polarass is seeing the error of their ways and trying to make good. They’re almost there but the copying HD isn’t going to do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    Well if one of the models is a full blown dresser “Bagger “ if I sit on it and it doesn’t fit like my limited I’m out. I’m not making a bunch of changes to make it fit me either. I sit in mine and it fits like a glove. And again I have to like the way it looks. I made that mistake when I bought my road glide. I bought it because it did handle better then my Electra Glides. All the time I owned it I never cared for the look of it first bike I ever bought that I would just look at and go yeah it’s all right I guess. Exactly why I steer clear of the Challenger it doesn’t fit right at all and I don’t like the look at all.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Put1in

Put1in New Member

13 cross country
    Lol you hate everything much!

14. Joecat

Joecat Member

2016 Vic Magnum
    I don’t feel like Polaris promoted Victory like they have Indian, I may have missed it idk but I think they could have done a lot better with Victory had they promoted them more

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Motorbikerx

Motorbikerx Well-Known Member

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    Dodge and Plymouth

• Like Like x 1