VOG Forum banner

Who says "Big Girls can't dance?"

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  BP6666VR 
#1 ·
So a little about my background;
I grew up on sport bikes here in So Cal.
Eventually I took that to the track in an organized manner and did a few years of road racing at Willow Springs.
Took home a few trophies. Never got hurt. Even won a little contingency money along the way to help pay for everything.
After quitting, I still kept a few street bikes around for some canyon carving.
Getting along in years and maturity, I started buying "gentlemen's sport bikes" and sport touring bikes like Hionda ST1300's and BMW R1200RT's. I still have my old 99 BMW R1100S which is a gas in a canyon.
I've taken tons of riding classes both on track and off.

So, imagine my surprise this last week after my first few trips through Ortega Highway on the Vic.
Let's just say there ain't much left on the edge of those tires and the bike was entirely flickable.
Much to my surprise! It was very neutral. Transitions great from left-right-left turns, etc.
Stable at higher speed turns and sweepers.
She easily changes line mid turn and feels unflappable while still providing great feedback through the bars.

Anyway, she can dance! She really can...

See less See more
Discussion starter · #26 ·
"The strange thing is the Cross has upside down cartridge forks.
It should handle better than the Vision.
But it doesn't"

It's that was aluminum chassis that Victory used on the Vision.
They just nailed the geometry and flex points.
I have heard that putting the Cross cartridge forks on the Vision makes it even better.
It's amazing all of the details that goes into creating great handling motorcycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.