VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little about my background;
I grew up on sport bikes here in So Cal.
Eventually I took that to the track in an organized manner and did a few years of road racing at Willow Springs.
Took home a few trophies. Never got hurt. Even won a little contingency money along the way to help pay for everything.
After quitting, I still kept a few street bikes around for some canyon carving.
Getting along in years and maturity, I started buying "gentlemen's sport bikes" and sport touring bikes like Hionda ST1300's and BMW R1200RT's. I still have my old 99 BMW R1100S which is a gas in a canyon.
I've taken tons of riding classes both on track and off.

So, imagine my surprise this last week after my first few trips through Ortega Highway on the Vic.
Let's just say there ain't much left on the edge of those tires and the bike was entirely flickable.
Much to my surprise! It was very neutral. Transitions great from left-right-left turns, etc.
Stable at higher speed turns and sweepers.
She easily changes line mid turn and feels unflappable while still providing great feedback through the bars.

Anyway, she can dance! She really can...

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I've been sayin' it ever since I bought mine. She's just a big sportbike! I know Goldwings had/have this reputation, but I think the Vision takes it one step further for big bike handling.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'll find out this weekend...... just about 20 minutes ago I bought one from a really nice older lady who's husband had passed a while back. It was super hard for her and her daughter to let it go.... there were tears while signing the papers.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm still amazed how well she handles. Right before surgery I was taking a last ride for a couple months and was taking some good twisties at 60 mph, 35mph zoning. Without realizing I took my left hand off bar to scratch my cheek in the tightesr part of the twist. Wow one hand handling and it felt just fine. The Vision is all around the best ride. I can only afford one ride at a time. Welcome to the vog from NM.

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
I'll find out this weekend...... just about 20 minutes ago I bought one from a really nice older lady who's husband had passed a while back. It was super hard for her and her daughter to let it go.... there were tears while signing the papers.
:yahoo:

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
So a little about my background;
I grew up on sport bikes here in So Cal.
Eventually I took that to the track in an organized manner and did a few years of road racing at Willow Springs.
Took home a few trophies. Never got hurt. Even won a little contingency money along the way to help pay for everything.
After quitting, I still kept a few street bikes around for some canyon carving.
Getting along in years and maturity, I started buying "gentlemen's sport bikes" and sport touring bikes like Hionda ST1300's and BMW R1200RT's. I still have my old 99 BMW R1100S which is a gas in a canyon.
I've taken tons of riding classes both on track and off.

So, imagine my surprise this last week after my first few trips through Ortega Highway on the Vic.
Let's just say there ain't much left on the edge of those tires and the bike was entirely flickable.
Much to my surprise! It was very neutral. Transitions great from left-right-left turns, etc.
Stable at higher speed turns and sweepers.
She easily changes line mid turn and feels unflappable while still providing great feedback through the bars.

Anyway, she can dance! She really can...
Nice, what vic model you have ? The steel frames and Visions handles absoluut superb, i did not like fast riding on my CCT .... But she rode real nice too

·
Super Moderator
26,110 Posts
Nice, what vic model you have ? The steel frames and Visions handles absoluut superb, i did not like fast riding on my CCT .... But she rode real nice too
He has the best bike ever made, a Vision.

You should have known that from the title.
Toy Fawn Rodent Art Animal figure

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
He has the best bike ever made, a Vision.

You should have known that from the title.
View attachment 524005
Ha ha, sorry about that, ( my Ingrish is not perfect ) yes Visions are so nice in carving ( borrowed one of my friend )... And my Jack-Hammer too of cource ... CCT was just more of a touring style riding , fast was not good on my CCT, especially over 160 km/h was nearly impossible ... Also i could not wear a full face helmet on my CCT, that was the biggest negative for me personally

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great topic! 2 weeks ago a group of 9 of us were riding, 4 Honda’s 4 Harley’s and my Vic Vision. One of the group had a new Honda Africa which is a sharp bike. He is a motocross rider big time (12 different motox bikes). So we got on a detour that turned out to be a great twisty road and pretty quickly it was him and I racing through the turns and hills. We lost the rest of the group, but we had a ball. Me on my Vision were able to keep up with him thru a lot of the turns. It was an absolute ball doing that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.