VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
It varies - oil choice is personal and elicits much debate here.

If you choose to use Rotella T6 just know that the 15W-40 version (as opposed to the 5W-40 version) is closer to the weight spec'd by Victory for the engine, and therefore probably the best choice.

Reactions: Ricworks247

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It varies - oil choice is personal and elicits much debate here.

If you choose to use Rotella T6 just know that the 15W-40 version (as opposed to the 5W-40 version) is closer to the weight spec'd by Victory for the engine, and therefore probably the best choice.
lol yea im aware of the debates. but ive never used Rotella and was wondering from the people who do use it, which one to use. ive always been a mobile one racing synthetic guy, but im up to try something different. just dont know which one.

I used T6 for the longest time then decided to mix T6 & T4 50/50. I don't know why, I just wanted to do it. No change so far.
LOL so if im not blending it as you do , which version would you recommend.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I also blend t6 and t4 15w40 to make a semi synthetic blend. I've heard wet clutches could slip and wear faster with full synthetic. I haven't tested that claim.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Spectro G4. Yeah that’s the one. 20/40 blended for Victory. Semi synthetic. No mix no mess and no fuss. Just pour it in and go.
Vroom vroom.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Since the T6 didn't come in qt size, I'd buy 1 gallon T6 and 1qt t4. Never use T5, didn't have the wet clutch rating I think.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Since the T6 didn't come in qt size, I'd buy 1 gallon T6 and 1qt t4. Never use T5, didn't have the wet clutch rating I think.
I thought t5 was fine, they just didn't want to invest the $$ for the rating. I think it was talked about on here a while back?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
You could blend your own T6 plus T4 or you could just buy the premixed T5, or Motul, or Castrol, or Royal Purple, or Mobile, or Spectro, or Lucas, or Honda, or Red Line, or

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Yeah, I was aware of that whole rating thing being all about the investment into having it tested. When I first switched to the Rotella, there wasn't so much information, so I just went into the auto parts store and read the labels. If it says JASO-MA, I figure it's good to go, so just fell into that. I've heard plenty that the T5 works just as well as the others and wouldn't hesitate to use it if I couldn't get the T4. I do stick to the 15/40 though.

Reactions: benawhati

·
Registered
838 Posts
T-6 in my last 3 bikes, no problems so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.