VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could get an 09' HD FLHTP (police version Electra Glide) with 900 miles for in the 12-14k range or a XC $1000 off MSRP with money being a factor, which way would you be leaning? Plan to use the bike for week-end trips with the wife, adding a Tour Pak would be the way to go, or atleast the pass backrest with luggage rack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts

I would have to ride each one and see which one I like better. Me personally I perfer to buy new but I also dont like first year models as they always seem to have bugs to work out.
I think Victory is a better product and that is why I own a Vic.
best thing to do is buy both
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
bikendad said:
If you could get an 09' HD FLHTP (police version Electra Glide) with 900 miles for in the 12-14k range or a XC $1000 off MSRP with money being a factor, which way would you be leaning? Plan to use the bike for week-end trips with the wife, adding a Tour Pak would be the way to go, or atleast the pass backrest with luggage rack.
Well to me it comes down to two things, first which one is more comfortable,second what your $ situation is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
I don't fit on Harleys, so my bias would be obvious- but I think the XC is most likely a better bike regardless. You just can't throw around a Harley like you can a CORE framed bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hessterical said:
Whatchyou talkn bout Willis??? Who is giving you 1,000.00 off MSRP on the new cross country???????
HondaEast Toledo is advertising $1000 off msrp. I called them, no prep and no freight either ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,772 Posts
ooops, does that mean the money out there is too tight still to sell the new models? In most franchise agreements if he drops under MSRP on new models they have to get the dispensation from the factory to do it.

Buy the Cross with the 5 year warranty the dollars are not that far apart if you plan to keep it.

Both are good bikes. For me the 5 year warranty on the new bike would be my deciding factor.

Nobody can tell you the x/r is a better bike. Nobody knows about the core frame yet. 2 years from now we will know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought the 2010 Vic only came with 2 year warranty, or do you mean pay for an extra 3 years??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
bikendad said:
I thought the 2010 Vic only came with 2 year warranty, or do you mean pay for an extra 3 years??
any 2009 have a 5 year warranty. The 10's only have a 2, you can get extended years add ons but pricing is still under wraps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,772 Posts
ohoh, sorry I thought they kept that deal going. My bad.

Buy the Electra and an extended warranty the money will be better in that case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 103" Electra won't be available to me until December. By then I should be able to get a look/have a sit on a XC? But then I loose the early buy discount on the XC unless of course the economy goes completely on its ass (which I see as a possibility). Why can't anything be easy for me??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
i think dollar wise the HD is the better choice with a lot more upgrade options. However I think the Victory is the better bike overall. I don't think you'll go wrong with either choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
Both good bikes. I have heard the X bikes handle better than the Vision by those who have rode one. That be the case, X bike would be for me. If you want to go the HD route, I think you would be able to get a better deal on a used one, there are tons for sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
I agree with Bubba, they are both good bikes, the Vic wins hands down on power but to me, the most important factor is which one I am more comfortable on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With money as tight as it is, I'm currently leaning towards the Harley. I have until December to decide on it though and I still like the XC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts

MONKEY666 said:
I'm always leery of buying a 1st model bike. I made that mistake with a truck and a sled.
Is it really a first year bike? I felt the same way onthe Vision, but IMO the X bikes are just a refinement from the Vision platform. The drive train has been out going on it's third year. There are not that many electronics on the bikes, and the frame is very similar. I would not hesitate on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
bubba said:
MONKEY666 said:
I'm always leery of buying a 1st model bike. I made that mistake with a truck and a sled.
Is it really a first year bike? I felt the same way onthe Vision, but IMO the X bikes are just a refinement from the Vision platform. The drive train has been out going on it's third year. There are not that many electronics on the bikes, and the frame is very similar. I would not hesitate on this one.
Hey Bubba, people are going to start talking, I agree with you again. The X bikes really aren't first year bikes. The drive train is the same and the electronics are the same. The frame is the only item up in the air but I would bet there will never be a frame recall. As far as the ride goes I would assume it would be better then what they had, why make something worse? I am all about comfort over power on a cruiser, I am going to log more miles on something comfortable over something powerful. If the HD fits you better get it, if the X bike fits you better get it. All bikes pretty much look the same from the seat, so unless your looking to impress others get the one that impresses you from the drivers seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,500 Posts
dsjr70 said:
bubba said:
MONKEY666 said:
I'm always leery of buying a 1st model bike. I made that mistake with a truck and a sled.
Is it really a first year bike? I felt the same way onthe Vision, but IMO the X bikes are just a refinement from the Vision platform. The drive train has been out going on it's third year. There are not that many electronics on the bikes, and the frame is very similar. I would not hesitate on this one.
Hey Bubba, people are going to start talking, I agree with you again. The X bikes really aren't first year bikes. The drive train is the same and the electronics are the same. The frame is the only item up in the air but I would bet there will never be a frame recall. As far as the ride goes I would assume it would be better then what they had, why make something worse? I am all about comfort over power on a cruiser, I am going to log more miles on something comfortable over something powerful. If the HD fits you better get it, if the X bike fits you better get it. All bikes pretty much look the same from the seat, so unless your looking to impress others get the one that impresses you from the drivers seat.
Thats twice in as many days. You get pissed off at Dean or Andy?? Maybe you have been drinking!!:)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top