VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide which way to go. Black one is at a local dealer with great service. The Midnight Cherry is about 200 Km away with a dealer I have not dealt with before.
Does the Black show swirls?Is the Midnight Cherry worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

Me personally - I like the cherry black. Black is cool - looks great - but it's high maintenance. The extra $$$$ for the cherry black - take an extra 5-6 months & save a little more.
Just some lousy advice from a guy who knows nothing. LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

Don't know why the Midnight cherry is worth more but anyway, the black will show swirls as well as the cherry, I have cherry color on my 08 Kingpin and it picks up every bit of dust there is out there. If color is not inportant to you go with the dealer you trust and know and forget color.
I love the bike in cherry myself
Regards

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a black Hammer but I think the cherry is really beautiful.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Personally, having a Dealer that offers great service is a major factor. Yes, black can show swirl marks and dust, but cleaning the panels is not a major task!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

With a hard choice like that the only way to go it get both.
Ok me personally I get the cherry. I love black but everyone has black it is being over done so I go for the cherry.I am sure you would like to get the cherry one from the local dealer with good service so see if he can order one. if he cant jut get it from the other guy as long as it looks perfect and runs great. I would think you would have the local guy service it anyway.
just my 3 cents

·
Registered
444 Posts

The first time you see the Black Cherry in good sunlight you will want it. As a friend of mine put it "The metalflake in the black cherry is the creme de la creme".

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I love the cherry color but went with the black because I think the bike "flows" better in all black. Another advantage of black is if you choose to custom paint it's a good background color. Tough choice though but you really can't go wrong.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree that you can't go wrong with either color but I was happy that I got the black after seeing a cherry CC. The one thing that I thought was a little different is that the top of the highway bars are the color of the bike. Thought they would just be black and I think they look a bit off with the cherry but again it is what you like best! Cant' beat good service though as well!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I already have a Black JK Jeep, I bought the Cherry XC so that it would not blend in with all the black HD's in the parking lot of the local watering hole. I do think that blackcan becolor matchedeasier if something where to ever happen. One thing I liked about the cherry is that it goes good with black so you really don't have to chrome the bike to death to make it look nice.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I'm going with a black XR, and the 700 saved will go toward custom paint or pinstriping to make it different from the other black ones.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
For me... I would pick Black if I were gonna do custom paint and didn't mind being a slave to polishing scratches and swirls. Black Cherry if I was going to leave the paint as is. The Black Cherry changes color depending on the amount of light. Kinda cool IMHO.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts

Bigmex said:
I like the black and i'm thinking of changing it to flat black just to stir things up..
Oh yeah!! The "flat black" - or "denim" look is very hot. I have a buddy that just got a 2009"X" Street Glide in the flat black. It is a real eye catcher.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i normally go with colors but this time went black. I love the cherry color, but only on the bikes that have metal tanks/fenders and very little plastic(Vision). For some reason(IMHO) the cherry looses some of it's luster on the non metal pieces.

As some stated save the $600 and apply to customizing your paint. Also realize aftermarket parts will be easier to match up to black than any other color if you go that route.

·
Registered
31 Posts

If you use a good wax with out a cleaner in it you will not have many swirl marks. I have a black and silver 05 kingpin that I use Meguiar's Gold or Mothers on and no swirl marks. I wax by hand with a good wax pad and take off with a microfiber towel. The wax I use now is Mother's Synwax.Good stuff.
Joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.