VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,121 Posts
That was published in 2015 and it was not the only article reflecting that. Unfortunately it made no difference in the end. Victory may have a comfortable horse but it's not the better horse to ride... According to some penny loafer ninny.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
:biggrin: MY motorcycle has the highest customer satisfaction. Cause, IT'S MINE!

It was a good article, but I've always liked every bike I've ever ridden. But I have always liked the 'next' bike better than the last, because I am always looking to move 'up' each time I get another one.

Plus, I just enjoy riding. That has a lot to do with it, I think. :fiddy:

Glad you like your bike. Oh, and , Polaris.......:aktion086:

• Haha
Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Paid advertisement? Not sure if it is or not, but companies do pay for articles like that to be written and published.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Doesn’t matter to me. For the next “10 hrs” lol
I will continue to ride the best bike still made.
Tough one to beat.

The article was helpful to some in making a buying decision back then. I had already owned mine 4 yrs. I expected more from the article regarding Victory ownership.

• Haha
Reactions: Poseidon

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
Of the 19 bikes I had before my CC 8-BALL and VEGAS 8-BALL.....17 were Jap bikes and NEVER had a problem...had 1 sportster for 5 months before trading for a Norton, both to dealer once each for repairs, both fixed under warranty.
LOVE MY VICTORIES more then any before!!:dance:

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Since you'll be riding your Vic for the next 10 years, you will be able to take advantage of the 10 year availability of all parts.

I'm sure well beyond. It's one thing that Polaris killed the brand. It will be more serious if we do it. No one will want to bother making parts for a bike that no one wants anymore.
Keep the brand alive and strong thru it's owners and we all may be surprised as to what will come.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Paid advertisement? Not sure if it is or not, but companies do pay for articles like that to be written and published.
Consumer Reports wouldn't sell out to some company and ruin their decade's long good reputation. The 72 rating on Harley is questionable only in the fact that regardless how bad some issues with the bike have been over the years, the devoted H-D grape Koolaid drinkers will choose it over another brand to satisfy themselves that it's the best ride. Period.

View attachment 502901

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Consumer Reports wouldn't sell out to some company and ruin their decade's long good reputation. The 72 rating on Harley is questionable only in the fact that regardless how bad some issues with the bike have been over the years, the devoted H-D grape Koolaid drinkers will choose it over another brand to satisfy themselves that it's the best ride. Period.

View attachment 502901
The 72% wasn't owner satisfaction. It was percent of owners that would buy a Harley again.

In my mind, there is a difference between being satisfied and drinking the koolaid and having the mindset that they will never own anything that doesn't say Harley Davidson. I've spoke to several HD owners that complain about the cost of the bikes, repairs, repair costs, cost of upgrades, multiple warranty claims, needing the dealer network when they travel, etc. They sound very dissatisfied, yet when you ask them what their next bike is going to be, their answer is almost always another HD.

Reactions: Blackened

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
Th
The 72% wasn't owner satisfaction. It was percent of owners that would buy a Harley again.

In my mind, there is a difference between being satisfied and drinking the koolaid and having the mindset that they will never own anything that doesn't say Harley Davidson. I've spoke to several HD owners that complain about the cost of the bikes, repairs, repair costs, cost of upgrades, multiple warranty claims, needing the dealer network when they travel, etc. They sound very dissatisfied, yet when you ask them what their next bike is going to be, their answer is almost always another HD.
That kills me. That very list of dis satisfaction has swayed me away to much better built bikes. From Honda to Victory I have always been satisfied with my purchase and never had to worry about dealer service network.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Well, we are at the end of a four day gathering in the Hill Country and I have done the best I can to represent. Among aprox. 150 plus bikes, there are 5 Vics, one CC, three CCT, and one Pin. Of the "other" catagory there are probably 20 bikes. Every thing else is Harley. I have witnessed at least a half dozen bikes being worked on, (guess which ones). Actually participated in helping two other's do repairs to their bikes (again, guess), and at least a third of them arrived on trailers.....from as far away as 185 miles. ??????
I love my Victory. Almost every one I talk with, knows about Victory's and has good things to say about them, but would they own one? No. Again...??????

·
Registered
691 Posts
Count me in among those that don't "get" the Harley thing. Sure they make a few good looking bikes (Eye of the beholder) but the cost to purchase coupled with the costs of repairs, parts and maintenance not to mention the fact you are sitting on the same bike that a million other guys are riding is a total turnoff for me.

Then of course there is my favorite part: The "I just spent $17,000 to buy my new Harley. Why do I need to spend another $3500 on a screaming eagle performance package to make it fast?" question. Granted the newer models are getting better at this.

Poseidon really hit on my least favorite part though. The. The closed mindedness of many of the owners. I've got a friend with a Super glide custom. Loves it which I think is great. You should love your ride. When I bought my victory he said "Why'd you buy that?" like I had made a bad decision. In turn I asked him "Why did you buy a Harley?" His response? "Because it's a Harley... I won't own anything else." :doh:

I guess I'm just not Harley's guy. I bought a victory because I'd heard about their power and reliability (So far I haven't been disappointed) plus, I loved that it was something different. I like different.

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
I Had a friend with the same mentality. He tried Indian. Went back to Harley. The indian cost him nothing to run his CVO in the shop more than on the road. Said he’d trust that Indian to take him anywhere. Said he couldn’t count on his HD. I said “so get the new Indian/Glide !” Looks like a SG and reliable like an Indian.
He said “Nope ! I only ride Harley. !”

He couldn’t believe I bought a 2nd Victory. Couldn’t believe I’ve never owned a Harley.
After seeing the ownership night mare of Hd ?
I said yep ! Victory for me. That’s all I Ride. “

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
For years younger guys in the area would approach me. Hey NY I’m thinking about buying a bike you been around what do you recommend? As I sat on my Harley I always said kid do yourself a favor don’t buy one of these. It’s a trap once you get one you feel like for some reason you can ride nothing else. Look at me I’ve been riding them forever and I know there’s better out there. True story I’m a slow learner also 42 yrs later I finally gave up and had the balls to walk away. I know guys that will say it as I did but will never pull the trigger they just can’t

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
... True story I'm a slow learner also 42 yrs later I finally gave up and had the balls to walk away. I know guys that will say it as I did but will never pull the trigger they just can't
That is just so weird to me. And as I type this I am thinking about the death grip I have on my Vision, so... ummm... nevermind! :badgrin: I do ride 2 other brands, though, so there is hope for me yet...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.