VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been interested in a set of bars now for a year for my 2016 Magnum X1 and was set on the Arlen Ness ones....till they decided to discontinue everything. With that said, what would one suggest for someone who is 5'8" with 28" arms from armpit to tip of finger? Also looking to stay away from the bars that come to a point as they just aren't my style. Can't find too many photos out there with vics without the pointed bars.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked on ebay and can't seem to find them. Could you possible provide a link or other suggestions? I have considered the Vicbaggers mighty kong mitered bars. Wondered how they looked/felt

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Been interested in a set of bars now for a year for my 2016 Magnum X1 and was set on the Arlen Ness ones....till they decided to discontinue everything. With that said, what would one suggest for someone who is 5'8" with 28" arms from armpit to tip of finger? Also looking to stay away from the bars that come to a point as they just aren't my style. Can't find too many photos out there with vics without the pointed bars.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Well, if you're looking to get the bars closer, and add a bunch of other angular adjustability, and are willing to pony up the necessary cash, then I'd suggest you look into Heli Bars.

I am no longer a Vic owner, but I had them on my now-sold '12 XCT, and loved them. (I'm 5'9", with a sleeve length -- back decades ago, when I used to wear dress shirts, of 33-34.) When the new owner of my XCT (someone who already owned another XCT) rode off in the morning, he did a superslab day of 700-something miles, so he found them comfortable, too.

I have a gallery of my installation work, with product links, explanatory captions, etc., at Victory XCT HeliBars Installation .

I don't recall reading about Heli Bars on Magnums specifically, but I don't see why they wouldn't work.

This stuff is expensive, but I would rather -- and did, and have done on other bikes -- spend the money on bars and seats, rather than, say, on pipes and chrome. But that's me ...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got these and am installing them next weekend. I have a 6 1/2 hr. ride one way to my buddies house in WV who's helping with the install. I'll let you know how they feel, I should have a pretty good idea afterwards on the ride home. I'm 5'6" and need a little more bar so I don't have to lean forward any. Looking forward to those mountain curves!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got these and am installing them next weekend. I have a 6 1/2 hr. ride one way to my buddies house in WV who's helping with the install. I'll let you know how they feel, I should have a pretty good idea afterwards on the ride home. I'm 5'6" and need a little more bar so I don't have to lean forward any. Looking forward to those mountain curves!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok, got a so I got a dumb question but the dumbest question is the one not asked. Is there anything I need to know about the heated grips going on the new bars? I've never had heated grips before and just wanted to know if there was anything I needed to be concerned about. Any problems or tricks I need to know about? Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks all,

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Ok, got a so I got a dumb question but the dumbest question is the one not asked. Is there anything I need to know about the heated grips going on the new bars? I've never had heated grips before and just wanted to know if there was anything I needed to be concerned about. Any problems or tricks I need to know about? Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks all,
1) Take a look at the right grip, and note how there's slack, in the power wire, as you twist the grip. Just take a minute to look that over, maybe take a pic or two, not really a big deal.

2) On stock Cross bikes with heated grips, the left-side grip is held on by two little screws. (The right-side grip doesn't have these, nor do non-heated Vics.) They can be found by looking underneath the inside edge of the grip, i.e., sort of rolling it back out of the way.

I don't own a Vic any more, so this from memory, and I don't remember the specific size or the type of head. But if the new bars don't have provisions for that, you'll have to tap two female threaded holes in the bars. I suppose there are other ways to accomplish this, but I don't know how, personally. The HeliBars that I added on that now-sold bike had the left-side bar already threaded for these two little screws.

Reactions: g8trbt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info; even from memory I'm sure this will help. As i said I'm going to a buddies house in WV so if they don't have the provisions I'll have to talk him out of using JB Weld, that's an inside joke, same as duct tape in nascar country:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
These bars make a HUGE difference in comfort. I felt much more comfortable both in the position I was in and the control of the bike on the way home. It was a 5 hour ride through some very tight turns on the WV back roads and am VERY happy I put them on. I will say it was a pretty complex process and the you-tube videos make it look easier than it actually is. However you can get these installed I would highly recommend doing it. You will need to sit on the bike when they get bolted down so they are in the position you want them to be in. Once they're on you'd have to remove the faring to adjust them. Hope this is enough information for you to make a decision but if you are riding straight armed and leaning a little forward like I was then I would pull the trigger and get them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also cut the pipes, removed the baffles, and it sounds like the Bad A%% Mother that it is. Sounds like my Camaro with uncapped headers! Going through the 2 tunnels on 77 was FUN!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Once they're on you'd have to remove the faring to adjust them.
If you look up under the inner fairing, below the radio face you'll see the 2 cap screws that clamp the handlebar to the risers. You can adjust the handlebars without touching the inner fairing.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If you look up under the inner fairing, below the radio face you'll see the 2 cap screws that clamp the handlebar to the risers. You can adjust the handlebars without touching the inner fairing.
What he said: +1

Take a look at this one pic -- and explanatory caption -- in my HeliBars sub-gallery:

Victory XCT HeliBars Installation

·
Registered
55 Posts
These bars make a HUGE difference in comfort. I felt much more comfortable both in the position I was in and the control of the bike on the way home. It was a 5 hour ride through some very tight turns on the WV back roads and am VERY happy I put them on. I will say it was a pretty complex process and the you-tube videos make it look easier than it actually is. However you can get these installed I would highly recommend doing it. You will need to sit on the bike when they get bolted down so they are in the position you want them to be in. Once they're on you'd have to remove the faring to adjust them. Hope this is enough information for you to make a decision but if you are riding straight armed and leaning a little forward like I was then I would pull the trigger and get them.
Would you have any pictures of your XC with the new bars installed,from the side and/or back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Having some technical difficulties with the upload so not sure if they'll attach. The bend of the bar is equal to the center of the tank badge. I'm 5'6" with a 28" reach and they are perfect for me. I can now lean back against the backrest and have a bend in my elbow. No shoulder strain after the 6 hr. ride home after the install. Very happy with them

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad it helped and sorry you had to turn your laptop sideways:) Being comfortable on this beast brings confidence in being able to react in bad situations. We've all had them and you can't help STUPID!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.