VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my bike used and thought that the exhaust was an upgrade option but I dug up some pics of it from when it was new and it looks like its one of the stock exhaust options. Is there a designation for this exhaust? Are there baffles I can put in to make it quieter?

pics here:

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
Looks like the Victory Swept exhaust.

I'm not sure anything can be added to quiet them but I doubt it. Ear plugs might be the easiest way.

I like that bike and really like the blacked out cheese wedge. Looks sharp!

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
There were no 'stock exhaust options'. There is the stock exhaust and then there are aftermarket exhaust systems.
Those are the "Victory Performance" Swept pipes that were made for Victory by Cobra.
Those pipes are notoriously bad for producing power. In your signature you have 102/122 with just a PC-V and TTI. That's highly unlikely.

Are there baffles in the pipes now? Look up the pipes with a flashlight.
Yes you can add baffles or modify what's in it, once you determine what's in it. The baffles are held in place by a screw from the rear near the end... most likely a security torx, so you need a torx bit with a hole in the center.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome info as always, thank you. It does have a baffle in it now, I was hoping that there is a preferred option that will knock down the volume down some. The only info that I have about the baffle in it now is that it was like 20 dollars and is aftermarket. I guess I have to pull it out and take a look?

The blurb in my signature is from the advert when I bought the bike. I do have a dyno report for it. I'll have to post it up in the other thread, I honestly have no idea how to interpret it, I just assumed it was accurate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same pipes I got on mine. Funny, I am in search for baffles also. I can't determine which smartpartz quiet baffles would fit them... Will search-on during the winter as I'm too busy wanting to ride anyway

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same pipes I got on mine. Funny, I am in search for baffles also. I can't determine which smartpartz quiet baffles would fit them... Will search-on during the winter as I'm too busy wanting to ride anyway
According to the work order i have, mine has RPW baffles in it. It sounds great until about 3K RPM and then its just too much.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I know I'm a little late to this conversation but check out my little video on Youtube. Victory Hammer 8-ball exhaust before and after. I have the same pipes and I put Lloyds RPW style baffles in them and now they sound great. Still loud but now they have a better tone and no "Brraaapp" on decel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great video and your bike sounds awesome. I don't have that high pitched noise you did. the bike sounds awesome at low revs but really starts to scream at higher revs. I may try out those baffles this winter. The ones I have in only cost 20 dollars which seems weird to me.

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
I know I'm a little late to this conversation but check out my little video on Youtube. Victory Hammer 8-ball exhaust before and after. I have the same pipes and I put Lloyds RPW style baffles in them and now they sound great. Still loud but now they have a better tone and no "Brraaapp" on decel.
Much better with the baffles added. It sounds great!

Nice video.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Exactly the sound I'm looking for...more "growl" with less "bark". I predict that I'm gonna be in trouble with the wifey....once again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.