VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to cover for the tubes. I dont care for the Kuran kit either. Is there still a place where we can just buy the fork tub cover? Was it a OEM accessory or something?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Shortly after buying my 14 XR I broke one of my fork protectors while washing bike. I took the two pieces and super glued together then took Dremel tool and from back side cut a narrow channel across break and inserted about a 1" piece of wire and filled the channel with JB weld shortly after I did the other side as a preventative measure before it broke. Hasn't failed yet.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Good find Subdude. I bet when these are gone; that's it. It would be great if someone made some metal ones like what are on the Kingpin's for a reasonable cost. Someone in the metal fabricating, particularly sheet metal, could probably make a bunch fairly cheap and sell them for $99 a set after chroming and powdercoating.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Good find Subdude. I bet when these are gone; that's it. It would be great if someone made some metal ones like what are on the Kingpin's for a reasonable cost. Someone in the metal fabricating, particularly sheet metal, could probably make a bunch fairly cheap and sell them for $99 a set after chroming and powdercoating.
Chrome Kingpin fork guards $33.99 each at 2012 Victory KINGPIN (V12CB36NP/NPC/NPA) Suspension, Front Forks | Cheap Cycle Parts

Guard, Fork, Inv., Chrome

Victory

item: 5438283

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
I bought a set of billet ones after the plastic ones broke when just trying to remove them in the cold.
The ones on the right are billet.
Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts
At $20 that's a phenomenal price for the chrome metal ones but they are out of stock. I can't tell if they were a used pair on sale or what but if they can have more of those made; it would be worth it for anyone to replace the easily broken chrome plastic ones at 3 times that price. I never did understand why they decided to cheap out on those since they already had the good metal ones on the Kingpins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.