VOG Forum banner

Where can I locate an oil change kit at quickly?

5K views 62 replies 16 participants last post by  BrotherWind 
#1 ·
Needing one for a 2016 Victory Gunner and I live in the DFW metroplex. If shipped I would need it here at the latest by Saturday at noon.

My amazing neighbor that is helping me with a surprise bike project for my significant other is now being deployed next week so we lost a few days that I thought we had to get one in.

Thanks

#3 ·
Go to Wal Mart and buy 5 quarts of Shell Rotella T5 semi synthetic 15W-40 and a Wix/Napa/K&N oil filter. If Wal Mart is out of T5, try Shell Rotella T6, also in 15W-40. I'd also stop at an Ace hardware store on the way to get a new M12 aluminum or copper crush washer. Your total will be under $30 and you'll then have another oil change interval to read about what oil is best etc.

#4 ·
#8 ·
I think the brainwashing has started to take, every time slick says spectro my sphincter spasms sporadically slightly

#19 ·
You know I did !!! Why you think they label their semi synthetic blends …… Golden 4 ?

• Haha
Reactions: Flyboy
#24 ·
Apparently no one takes me serious around here. Maybe I’ll just switch oil and really give you guys something to be serious about but I won’t …… wanna know why ?? Well I’m gonna tell you anyway.
Because there is no other choice. There are no options. It’s semi synthetic for Victory and that’s it. Its what was and what will always be so get the best and Victory / Indian oil ain’t it.
SPECTRO GOLDEN 4 SEMI SYNTHETIC 20/40.
get some today !!

#32 ·
How dare you as we know that can only used Victory Oil in Victory's!!!
I wouldn't dream of using anything other than Chevy oil in my HP Supercharged Chevy V-8!

Oh wait, I use Mobil One in it, ahh, never mind and what was that oil filter number as I think K&N and Wix make one and one may have been the OEM anyway...

#33 ·
K&N 198 Wix 51356 or get the Napa gold is same as wix, sadly Fram has turned to $hit so stay clear of them ( most that’s been cut open for filter comparisons online have rust inside from new, as if Fram stores their metal outside ( or their supplier ) before making them ) Remember that your oil capacity will vary slightly depending which filter you use due to some being taller / shorter than others.

#34 ·
K&N 198 Wix 51356 or get the Napa gold is same as wix, sadly Fram has turned to $hit so stay clear of them ( most that's been cut open for filter comparisons online have rust inside from new, as if Fram stores their metal outside ( or their supplier ) before making them ) Remember that your oil capacity will vary slightly depending which filter you use due to some being taller / shorter than others.
Thanks but didn't tell me which oil :run:

#37 ·
Anyone wondering how “good enough” of an oil the Rotella T4, 5 or 6 is, just ask every KLR owner ever and those bikes spend more time underwater than a submarine

#38 ·
Let’s get real here for a sec. the OP asked for an oil change kit. We all know there is ONLY ONE oil change kit. The factory Vic box that is still on eBay.

back to your regularly scheduled programming. :angel:

#41 ·
@IndyVictory Wrong thread so please update in the correct one but we're all still waiting for your initial thoughts on the tpms you got

#42 ·
Nice packaging. It hasn't made it onto the bike yet.

• Haha
Reactions: jmstang302
#52 ·
So you changed more than just oil but it's got to be the oil's fought?

I bet you a dozen chocolate chip cookies, you could change back to Castrol today and still have the same issue going onto 1st.

Did you measure the clutch stack? Barnett packs have been out of spec quite often.

Did you change the fluid in the clutch?

Is the ratchet clocked correctly?

Is the Slave in the bracket correctly?

Could be that your slave is starting to fail, I recently replaced one of those for a brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.