VOG Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work last week and my bike killed coming up to a stop sign and upon restarting it ran rough and constantly backfired. The bike wouldn't stay running with out constantly giving it gas and wouldn't handle any resistance with out killing. It was a long 2 miles back to the house but it could have been worse.

I called the 3 deanships before I could get a straight answer as to what might be wrong…Fuel Pump. I went to the auto parts store and purchased a fuel pressure gauge and the dealer was correct only 15psi. They were able to squeeze me in the next day and had one fuel pump in stock but upon installation…it failed as well so they had to pull one off a new bike on the floor.

Sounds like this could be a chronic issue and I hope that sharing my story helps if you start having the same issues. Thank god for my warranty as they worked on it for about 4 hrs.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Victory is a reliable but, but everything mechanical can have issues. My bike only has 6000 miles on it and right now it's at the dealership waiting to be fixed with some sort of battery/starter issue. When it's hot after i've ridden for awhile, if I go to start it back up again it barely starts. Just sounds like it's going to die. Not sure what the issue is.
So yea, crap happens. What can ya do? Thank God for warranty is right though. I don't expect to be paying anything for the repairs on mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.