VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen in another post that the DEMO Rides are scheduled in the states.

Why is it that we up here in Canada get and find out about things later.

Been a loyal Victory owner for almost 6 Years. Was even the Pres of a VRA Chapter that we tried getting going here in Canada. National folded so all the chapters fell too. I don't have a Victory Tattoo, But yep I am loyal to the brand. Have had 4 diffenerent Victorys over the years and still have two in the garage now.

So this is really starting to be a piss off for me.. Can't order parts/Accessories online, Yes they do show CAD price, lot of good thatis when I have to get them from the dealer or wait until I make a trip south
Yes I know dealer support and all, but I refuse to use the dealer here ( that is a discussion for another time). Closest that I use is about 300 KM away. Never get answers to Question when calling Victory, Have to wait for the new bikes to be released later in the year, different pricing and when the dollar changes Victory is slow to adjust the prices. Yeah I am sure I could say more, but I think I will keep some Ammo in the clip.

Feel like a second class consumer.

Seriously thinking of going back to a HD.

End of Rant..

Cheers

Only a biker knows why a dog hangs it's head out a car window.

·
Registered
834 Posts

Every time I buy a new Vic the owners manual is in French only. What's with That:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bobbyg said:
Every time I buy a new Vic the owners manual is in French only. What's with That:)
Flip it over... LOL

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

I'm not overly thrilled that they haven't released the Canadian demo days yet. I know onethumb listed the Ontario ones, but come on there is more to Canada than Ontario ;)
BTW I was the one who posted the ones for the States as I had gotten an e-mail and thought it would be a nice thing for all our southern brothers to see.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks OT,

Bored76, Thanks for the posting, At least your still gettting email from them. That stop a while back so I don't even get the updates anymore..

Must be time for another phone call....

Cheers

reddog

Only a biker knows why a dog hangs it's head out a car window..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It must suck to have to jump through hoops to just get accessories. I know what you mean about not working with a "certain" dealer.
I have no idea but is there a lot of paperwork to get the registered bikes and truck over the border after 9-11?
I hope things get better for you and the rest of the Canadian riders.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

The information I have on Dates for the Victory Demo Rides has come from the Dealers themselves, as of last weekend some have them some don't.

Victory Demo Rides:
- Port Power Sports - Port Colborne, Ont.
April 16th - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 17th - Saturday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thomboys - Owen Sound, Ont.

April 20th - Tuesday
April 21st - Wednesday
- Peak Powersports - Burlington, Ont.

April 23rd - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 24th - Saturday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

List Of Canadian Dealers on Link Below
Web Sites are Listed, their Contact info is there also, they said they would post them when dates are confirmed, if not send them an E-Mail.

http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_1920/

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks OT,

Wayne's World in Bancroft website says TBA

Gearhead
320 Moodie Drive.
Ottawa, On, Canada

is going to have Demo Rides

3rd & 4th May.

·
Registered
224 Posts

reddog3769 said:
Seen in another post that the DEMO Rides are scheduled in the states.

Why is it that we up here in Canada get and find out about things later.

Been a loyal Victory owner for almost 6 Years. Was even the Pres of a VRA Chapter that we tried getting going here in Canada. National folded so all the chapters fell too. I don't have a Victory Tattoo, But yep I am loyal to the brand. Have had 4 diffenerent Victorys over the years and still have two in the garage now.

So this is really starting to be a piss off for me.. Can't order parts/Accessories online, Yes they do show CAD price, lot of good thatis when I have to get them from the dealer or wait until I make a trip south
Yes I know dealer support and all, but I refuse to use the dealer here ( that is a discussion for another time). Closest that I use is about 300 KM away. Never get answers to Question when calling Victory, Have to wait for the new bikes to be released later in the year, different pricing and when the dollar changes Victory is slow to adjust the prices. Yeah I am sure I could say more, but I think I will keep some Ammo in the clip.

Feel like a second class consumer.

Seriously thinking of going back to a HD.

End of Rant..

Cheers

Only a biker knows why a dog hangs it's head out a car window.
Don't quote me, but rumor has it they are making their way up to Canada when the weather is more conducive. It's hard to find anything on their website and I almost missed the Demo truck here in my area in Arizona.
As far as getting parts, etc.. have you thought of working with a US dealer? My dealer gets bikes in for servicing from Idaho because of their business attitude. It might be worth a try. Give Mike a call at Arizona Victory and see what they can do for you. Even if it is giving you an inside number at Victory so you can call someone and ***** at them directly.

That's B.S. Albeit, I suspect part of their growing pains. However, they need to recognize Canadian riders, engage in more business in Canada and open up that market with some aggression - or they will lose people like you. They can't afford that.
Its very frustrating for all of us here in the States to hear your anger but believe me, we all feel your pain. It's nonsense that you can't find great support where you're at. I'm lucky to have two dealers near where I live, however, one of them I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for.. although their mechanic is a genius and I love him. These guys wouldn't know customer service if it smacked them silly.

·
Registered
224 Posts

I realize and don't expect my dealer to be perfect, but it seems like there are many of us who have had issues with their dealers. I don't want to see the VOG turned into a ***** fest, but if we addressed some of our concerns on this forum and asked Victory to read the forum now and again.. do any of you think it might help?

I know many of the dealers read the VOG or are at least aware of it. It is rather embarassing to be mentioned by name - especially when you have so many problems it's beyond making any sense. Getting emails from your dealer and being happy about it isn't good enough.
While we may not be able to instill individual change.. as a collective with a public presence, perhaps the only thing that is left is public shame to force change.
If nothing else Victory should know what the customers are going through. My dealer gets really frustrated with Victory Corporate and I know it's a huge hassle for him at times.. but he still manages to provide great service.

·
Registered
224 Posts
bored76 said:
I'm not overly thrilled that they haven't released the Canadian demo days yet. I know onethumb listed the Ontario ones, but come on there is more to Canada than Ontario ;)
BTW I was the one who posted the ones for the States as I had gotten an e-mail and thought it would be a nice thing for all our southern brothers to see.
Southern Sista's too!!! Where are you and where is Ontario in relation to where you're at? Canada is a HUGE country.. it seems ridiculous to take the demo truck over the border, go through all that hassle, only to visit one place.
BTW, love that you post a picture of your dog and not your ride on your avatar. Awwwww... If I could get a sidecar big enough to fit three german shepherds, I'd be IN!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
BellesAZ said:
bored76 said:
Southern Sista's too!!! Where are you and where is Ontario in relation to where you're at? Canada is a HUGE country.. it seems ridiculous to take the demo truck over the border, go through all that hassle, only to visit one place.
BTW, love that you post a picture of your dog and not your ride on your avatar. Awwwww... If I could get a sidecar big enough to fit three german shepherds, I'd be IN!
Thanks for the comment about the dog. I want to get a bike with a side car and get a leather helmet and goggles for my dog so she can ride with me. There is a guy up here that mounted Wodden barrels to a trailer and pulls his Bull Dogs around on that. He has a windshield washer motor hooked up so he can water his dogs when out riding around.
I'm about 3000km West of my Ontario Brothers & Sisters. I'm about 11 Hours North of Billings Montana, and 26 hours north of Phoenix.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

This is the response I got this morning from Vic. Will keep you posted on any updates I run across.
Thank you for contacting Polaris Industries.
The dates have not yet be released once they are they will be available online or at your local authorized Polaris dealer.
To locate a dealer near you, please click on the following link http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Vehicles/FindADealer or visit our website at www.polarisindustries.com.

·
Registered
224 Posts
bored76 said:
BellesAZ said:
bored76 said:
Thanks for the comment about the dog. I want to get a bike with a side car and get a leather helmet and goggles for my dog so she can ride with me. There is a guy up here that mounted Wodden barrels to a trailer and pulls his Bull Dogs around on that. He has a windshield washer motor hooked up so he can water his dogs when out riding around.
I'm about 3000km West of my Ontario Brothers & Sisters. I'm about 11 Hours North of Billings Montana, and 26 hours north of Phoenix.
26 hours? That's not bad. LOL
Dog goggles are "doggles" and every stylin' pup needs a pair! You have to get a picture of the Bull Dogs.. how funny! Wooden Barrels? They do make trailers to pull your dogs. Our friends with a Cross Country are thinking of modifying their trunk with dog friendly portal windows.. of course, that wouldn't work with a german shepherd. :)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
BellesAZ said:
bored76 said:
BellesAZ said:
bored76 said:
Dog goggles are "doggles" and every stylin' pup needs a pair! You have to get a picture of the Bull Dogs.. how funny! Wooden Barrels? They do make trailers to pull your dogs. Our friends with a Cross Country are thinking of modifying their trunk with dog friendly portal windows.. of course, that wouldn't work with a german shepherd. :)
I will make sure to get a pic this year and post it for every one to see.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BellesAZ said:
[/quote]

Thanks Belles and Les,

Man your dogs would eat mine. All three don't make up a full dog. Combined weight = 28 lbs.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BellesAZ said:
Don't quote me, but rumor has it they are making their way up to Canada when the weather is more conducive. It's hard to find anything on their website and I almost missed the Demo truck here in my area in Arizona.
As far as getting parts, etc.. have you thought of working with a US dealer? My dealer gets bikes in for servicing from Idaho because of their business attitude. It might be worth a try. Give Mike a call at Arizona Victory and see what they can do for you. Even if it is giving you an inside number at Victory so you can call someone and ***** at them directly.

That's B.S. Albeit, I suspect part of their growing pains. However, they need to recognize Canadian riders, engage in more business in Canada and open up that market with some aggression - or they will lose people like you. They can't afford that.
Its very frustrating for all of us here in the States to hear your anger but believe me, we all feel your pain. It's nonsense that you can't find great support where you're at. I'm lucky to have two dealers near where I live, however, one of them I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for.. although their mechanic is a genius and I love him. These guys wouldn't know customer service if it smacked them silly.
Thanks for the offer of using your dealer, but that would be one long commute. Be a nice trip though.

I am in the Nations Capital, Ottawa Ont.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.