VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Found this earlier in the day. I could only take about 1 minute. Read about 50 comments to get the jest. Again amazing how many Harley riders are seeing the light that yes, Indian just may be the better bike. A lot of comment were really raging on the terrible suspension of Harley baggers.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this earlier in the day. I could only take about 1 minute. Read about 50 comments to get the jest. Again amazing how many Harley riders are seeing the light that yes, Indian just may be the better bike. A lot of comment were really raging on the terrible suspension of Harley baggers.
I think Matt may have been surprised by the comments. Did not quite get the support he thought he would get. he does put out some very good Videos though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
“For the most part I support other brands motorcycles “.
Lmao. I watched 18 minutes of the video. Never heard of him before. Probably a good guy.
Took shots at Indian(duh) and Victory (surprised). Sounds like a salesman that lives on commission only...and has been losing out on a lot of commissions.
Victory styling, to me, doesn’t look like a rip off of HD. Neither does the engine.
He needs to get out of SoCal and see the rest of the country.
Maybe I’m just not as motorcycle savvy as everyone else.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How long does it take for a bike to go from concept to market? I would imagine it takes years, not months. Makes me think it would take more than a couple months to see another company's new release and produce and release one just like it.

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
The ride over lots of stutter bumps on a long concrete bypass where I live is just brutal riding my 2020, Harley Electra Glide standard. To have the slammed look on the Harley Bagger's the factory installs rear shocks that only have 2 1/2" inches of suspension travel. I now need to pay $999 for some really good rear shock for it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
"For the most part I support other brands motorcycles ".
Lmao. I watched 18 minutes of the video. Never heard of him before. Probably a good guy.
Took shots at Indian(duh) and Victory (surprised). Sounds like a salesman that lives on commission only...and has been losing out on a lot of commissions.
Victory styling, to me, doesn't look like a rip off of HD. Neither does the engine.
He needs to get out of SoCal and see the rest of the country.
Maybe I'm just not as motorcycle savvy as everyone else.
I agree RazorGunner. Looks are a matter of taste but to me the Cross Country is a WAY better looking bike than a Street Glide. Different fairing and bag design that Harley never did. The Vision was absolutely outside Harley's wheelhouse.
My takeaway from this video is that it is reiterating the fact that Polaris made a huge blunder by taking on Indian and scrapping Victory.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Guy is an idiot and that video proves it!

• Winner
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I agree RazorGunner. Looks are a matter of taste but to me the Cross Country is a WAY better looking bike than a Street Glide. Different fairing and bag design that Harley never did. The Vision was absolutely outside Harley's wheelhouse.
My takeaway from this video is that it is reiterating the fact that Polaris made a huge blunder by taking on Indian and scrapping Victory.
Except the idiot in the video seems to think that every victory and Indian motorcycle was a blatant copy of a Harley model except for the FTR. I'm still trying to figure out which Harley model the vision was a copy of.

It will be interesting when Harley's copy of adventure bikes and street fighters start rolling out. Wonder what he will have to say to defend that move.

Reactions: YENRABSRIDE

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The Vision is its own bike. No copy at all. He doesn't mention it at all. Comparing a Scout to a Dyna. I don't think so. Some of the bikes are fairly close in looks but under the skin the Victories will out last and out perform most Harleys.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The Vision is its own bike. No copy at all. He doesn't mention it at all. Comparing a Scout to a Dyna. I don't think so. Some of the bikes are fairly close in looks but under the skin the Victories will out last and out perform most Harleys.
He doesn't mention the Vision, but he shows clips and pictures of them. He also said more than once that "every Victory and Indian is a copy of a Harley except the FTR."

Reactions: firstvictory

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The ride over lots of stutter bumps on a long concrete bypass where I live is just brutal riding my 2020, Harley Electra Glide standard. To have the slammed look on the Harley Bagger's the factory installs rear shocks that only have 2 1/2" inches of suspension travel. I now need to pay $999 for some really good rear shock for it.
But you must have known that going in. H-D hasn't had rear suspension travel say, for many years. Hopefully you factored in new suspension as part of your H-D purchase cost.

• Winner
Reactions: arkvic

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Reading yalls comments I think I will skip the stupidity. Victory is a HD copy!?! That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard between the two brands.

Reactions: bobcat52

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I still have a Harley and have had I don’t know 14 to 16 since 1974. Here’s the deal lve owned all 3 and ran all 3 hard coast to coast. I’m not gonna get into the big major differences most of you know that. About 6 minutes of him and it’s blatantly obvious he’s pro HD all the way and clueless to victory and indian. I struggled to make it that far. Here’s what I’ve said for all the years I rode Harleys and I was never that HD guy. Always blatantly truthful. How in the hell does a company that’s been building motorcycles for as long as Harley has. Which is longer then anyone out there building today. Not be doing it better then everyone else ? Seriously how can you not be building the best product in the industry after 100 plus years. Victory was a hell of a lot better bike then any Harley I rode and sorry but my indian is at least as good as my victory. My 18 limited looks nothing like a Harley and my Victory not even close please give me a break. But how ironic years back indian was out before Harley and no one said oh they copy indian lmao. Harley didn’t start it but yes the later Indians are looking like them minus the drivetrain. Harley never has and probably never will build a drivetrain that will be close to what Polaris did in a 1/4 of the time. This new 108” motor is gonna rattle them boys in their boots and I can’t fukin wait for it. Ok rant over lol that clown pissed me off !

·
Registered
455 Posts
Reading yalls comments I think I will skip the stupidity. Victory is a HD copy!?! That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard between the two brands.
When I first saw a XC I didn't like it all. It was just interesting and like anyone else growing up with HD...we just stare...WTH ? Things change but HD never will.

·
Registered
858 Posts
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and everyone is always going to be after #1. HD has been #1 for different reasons for a long time. It's up to HD to compete with everyone else, instead of being complacent all these years. It may just be a simple suspension fix and a $5000 reduction in the prices of their bikes, and maybe no one can touch them. In all honesty, there's HD, and then there's everyone else.

·
Registered
820 Posts
what a douche. One more reason to hate Harley like I need more

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and everyone is always going to be after #1. HD has been #1 for different reasons for a long time. It's up to HD to compete with everyone else, instead of being complacent all these years. It may just be a simple suspension fix and a $5000 reduction in the prices of their bikes, and maybe no one can touch them. In all honesty, there's HD, and then there's everyone else.
That's right and everyone else is doing it better. Customer loyalty and no where else to turn if you chose to ride American iron for many years. I was guilty of it myself but I always told the truth about them. People always said man why do you bum rap them all the time ? Just being honest and it's the only American iron out here where am I going it's what I choose and I'm good with it till better comes

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.