VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the 500 mile dealer service completed on my Cross Roads, no problems foundand everything was OK. Just wondering what others are getting for gas mileage. I have the stage 1 exhaust kit, and the dealer did the fuel remapping, and I got 30 mpg, then 32 mpg, and finally 33 mpg on my first three fill ups.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also just had my 500 mile maintanance and I am getting just over 37 mpg, but I'm a big guy(6'4", 330)so I expect m mileage to be a little low.However this is much better than the 30mpg I was getting with my 99 Vulcan.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I won't know until May as the snow is too deep to ride, but any of the reviews I have read say that they are getting 40 to 41 mpg.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vulcan99, do you have the stage 1 exhaust kit or stock exhaust? The dealer told me (and I pretty much knew) that the bikes come tuned very lean from the factory, and when adding more air flow, there will be more fuel usage, so I'm not too dissapointed, especially since the bike is such a blast to ride.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

2009Kingpin, Stage 1 Drag System
Fuel 704.236 litres..
11,825 km = 7,347.714 miles
My average for last year 186.039 (US) gals. 7,347.7 miles 39.5 mpg
My average for last lear 154.099 (UK) gals. 7,347.1 miles 47.68 mpg
My best on aday tripwas 57.41 mpg (UK)
4 fill ups this day 56.68, 57.41, 52.49, 51.76 mpg (UK)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Vision is always at 40 except when playing. Lloyd's cams actually improves gas mileage. I play much more since the cam install....go figure!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
advntrus said:
bubba said:
Vision is always at 40 except when playing. Lloyd's cams actually improves gas mileage. I play much more since the cam install....go figure!!
Curious as to what kind of mileage increase you get with the new cams...
Shawn
Guessing 2 to 3on my Bike. Again that just riding normal. There are so many variables.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts

I'm jealous as the Spyder RT is only getting in the mid-20's. After another thousand miles or so, I may see it hit 30 mpg.
This was not a surprise to me as it's a high-revving engine...but I'm still jealous!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

My 09 KP gets about 140 to 160 miles before my light comes on. Seems like Vic could have made the tank a little bigger. I'd rather be ridin then fillin...
I can't really get a true MPG as I when I fill up, I think the level of gas is different...sometimes I fuel sitting on the bike straight up and sometimes I fuel with it on it's sidestand. Sometimes close to the top, sometimes right to the top.
Maybe I'll try to do it the same way twice in a row...All I know is it gets tremondous gas mileage compared to my 99 Ford F-150 or my 04 Ford Expedition or my 04 Monterey Boat. Good lord, the boat might as well get 1 mile per gallon running wide open.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.