VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's face it, now more than ever music is a part of riding culture. Yes, many consider Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" the Biker's National Anthem, since today, so many riders use iPods and other portable music players to listen to music while riding, we thought it would be a helpful feature for our members to add a Riding Music section to our Forum. So post your favorite riding songs here!

Based on your response, we will offer polls to determine TheVOG.net members all-time favorite song.

Pesonally, for riding, my tastes range from The Doobie Brothers to ZZ Top and of course Lynyrd Skynyrd. Here are some songs that I like to ride with:

Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd
What's Your Name - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Tush - ZZ Top
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Rockin' Down The Highway - Doobie Brothers
Steamer Lane Breakdown - Doobie Brothers
Takin' it to the Streets - Doobie Brothers
China Grove - Doobie Brothers
Sympathy For the Devil - Rolling Stones
Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
Bat Out of Hell - Meatloaf

But that's me, how about you?

Andy

Amazon.com Widgets

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's some that I like:

Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty
Beautiful Day - U2
Move Over - Janis Joplin
Route 66 - Rolling Stones
Southbound - Allman Brothers
Get Out Of My Way - Copperhead

·
Administrator
250 Posts
Here's a few more good ones:

Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
Highway Star - Deep Purple
New Sensations - Lou Reed
Ghost Rider - Rush
Motorcycle Mama - Neil Young
Roll Me Away - Bob Seger
1952 Vincent Black Lightning - Richard Thompson

·
Registered
3 Posts
can't forget Toby Keith's Time for me to ride..."put my back out on the highway, feel that wind blow in my face, breathe a little air that taste like freedom, yeah let that be my saving grace" SONG SAYS IT ALL

·
Registered
279 Posts

I would have to say that the ones listed are all good and here are
a few others that I like:
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
Wild Side - Motley Crue
Gear Jammer - George Thourghgood
I Love it Loud - Kiss
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
Way Cool Jr. - Ratt
Born to beWild (of Course) - but.. The Cult's cover of song...
Hell Yeah - Rev Theory
Back in the Saddle - Aerosmith
There are many more I could list....

·
Registered
1 Posts

All of the songs listed above are some of my favorites but I must include the ultimate road song,
Highway Song by Blackfoot
This is a must have when you're riding down the road........
Enjoy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Favorite songs...Wow Bro, I've got bout 1800 songs on my IPOD that I have broken down into Favorites. They cover everything from Sanatra to The Fugs, and when I stop I can watch an episode or two of Family Guy. Most favorites would beany and allBlues.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I listen to the sounds of my bike when I ride. As well as to the voices in my head that say twist the throtle just a little more so we can hear that wonderfull exhaust solo just a little louder please!! LMAO!!

·
Registered
690 Posts

Chris said:
I listen to the sounds of my bike when I ride. As well as to the voices in my head that say twist the throtle just a little more so we can hear that wonderfull exhaust solo just a little louder please!! LMAO!!
A man after my own heart!

·
Registered
13 Posts

For me it's more of the style of music rather than particular songs. I prefer hard rock and metal; Pantera, Priest, Maiden, Black Label Society, Drowning Pool, Iced Earth, Metallica. That stuff just gets me pumped for riding.
I only put the headphones in when I'm doing a long ride, though.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Almost anything by Tom Petty favs include You Wreck Me and one from the soundtrack of "She's The One"...the song is titled "Zero from Outer Space". My musical tastes are all over the place except heavy metal. Of late been enjoying more mellow stuff, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds and Jimmy Buffett. My Ipod is filled with a mix. Another favorite of mine is bands spun off from Buffalo Springfield, there were a bunch.
I need to find another way of getting the music to my ears, I have a set blue toothtype ear buds thingy..by Motorola and a blue tooth dongle that plugs into my Zumo. The dongle fades in and out, need to find some other way.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

Oh well, probably get some crap for this being of the younger (-; generation...
Judas Priest - Turbo
Nickelback - Animals
Pat Benatar - Shadows of the Night
4 Non Blondes - Drifting
Aerosmith - Living on the Edge
Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory
David Allen Coe - Devil Went Down to Jamaica
Will Smith - Miami
Well, that's my tops, but I have about 900 songs on my MP3 and just hit random...

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.