VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Looks like someone has taken the liberty to switch some trim from an Anniversary Vision to a black Vision and put some Ness stuff on an Anniversary Model. The other bike is a fake "Ness"edition.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bernomad said:
Are they being sold as Ness or Anni. models?
I can't provide an honest answer as I saw those bikes on a dealer's lot and no salesperson was around (it was lunch time).

I saw them, pulled out the camera phone and just snapped the photos.

Personally, I thought it was a bit strange. But now we know that somewhere you can purchase Anniversary Logos and adorn your bike...at least that's an "assumption" on my part...and we know what that means.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Is it at all possible that Arlen came into this dealership and signed the sides of some bikes and the dealer is running amuck with it?
Or maybe it was one of a few at a show that Arlen was at?
Or maybe the dealer is just a goof ?
I dunno

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
09 is the tenth anni so a Dealer may be taking liberties. As far as the siginature might be real

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm sure I'll get flamed for speaking such blasphemy, but what's the big deal about these Ness bikes? They look cool, but aren't they just stockers with a few parts from an accessory catalog? Or is there something I missed? Are they handbuilt or something?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

MONKEY666 said:
I'm sure I'll get flamed for speaking such blasphemy, but what's the big deal about these Ness bikes? They look cool, but aren't they just stockers with a few parts from an accessory catalog? Or is there something I missed? Are they handbuilt or something?
They look stock .

·
Registered
279 Posts
I ran a Z71 decal on my Tahoe when I had it. I had a SS emblem on my Monte-Carlo. People are creating clones on other vehicles... I guess I don't really see an issue as long as it is known what they are exactly and not trying to past off as they are decal-ed...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Is it at all possible that Arlen came into this dealership and signed the sides of some bikes and the dealer is running amuck with it?
Or maybe it was one of a few at a show that Arlen was at?
Arlen didn't even sign his real creations. They bare a" facsimile" of his signature.The Ness stickers are tacky but I guess no different than an OCC sticker but the 10th badges are over the line considering how many people know next to nothing about Victory or Visions.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
There is an HD shop in RI that has done stuff like this for years. Mix match parts.
There was Corvette place in CT that mixed and matched parts but don't know if they are still open. Of course they were parts of different models not limited edition models.
I don't think it's right. If someone did not do their homework and thought they were buying a limited edition wouldn't that be misleading advertising? Maybe it depends on the laws in that state?
Years ago a guy advertised a classic car for sale. A guy bought it and found out it was an antique but not a classic. VT law made the seller buy it back. I don't know if the guy any additional costs.
I think it is very underhanded even if the dealer tells them up front. I wonder if Arlen could sue for forgery? That would be a wake up call. O.O

Front of store looks like Best Buy?
http://www.bestbuypolaris.com/
4th pic down entrance on left

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What bugs me is the 10th Anniversary logo placed on a bike that's not a "real" 10th Anniversary Vision. Yes, 2009 is Vic's 10th Anniversary, but the factory only released ONE commemorative bike.

Like ZZ stated, it's just LAME.

For the Ness signatures, they appear real. But I'm no expert in this field. Possibly Arlen simply signed a few parts for a dealer and the dealer placed them on a bike. I just hope that a potential buyer is made fully aware of what they are purchasing before any money changes hands.

And yes, those Ness logos on the Vision wing are just tacky. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.