VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
I piece of junk. It’s a “fully automatic” fuel programmer made by Cobra that is supposedly a manic box that tunes your air/fuel ratio automatically as you ride no matter what modifications have been done. Dyno testing has shown all they really do is detect acceleration and add fuel. Pretty ineffective at true tuning.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Try disconnecting it and see if there’s a difference in your bikes performance.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Oh no. The infamous Cobra PowrPro Fi2000 tuner >.<
Yes, they help the bike run better compared for stock. I had one, albeit at a very reduced used price. Brand new they are north of $400. A power Commander and dyno tune are WAY better at not much more money in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
How nice would it be if such a tuner existed that all you did was plug it in and voila! A perfect running motor !

Speaking with our local Dyno tuner ...... Jupiter Cycle. The owner knows and has worked with Ryan (not Rylan ) at the Vic shop closely regarding Maximus tuning. While I’m happy with my Vic’s performance using a Dyno tuned PCV ...... I will be using Maximus on my wife’s Magnum. He also suggested I try just the Maximus with her exhaust and Lloydz Air kit ( no cams ) and see how the performance is compared to my bike.
While I and all of us that have them know the benefit of a cam swap he seems to feel the bike will perform better than expected.
He also recommended I ditch the old school PCV and tune with Maximus on my own cammed Vic for which I am excited to try.
Not hesitant just not willing to mess with Something that has been running so good for so long.
You can bet though in the event of a PCV failure ?
I’ll be scheduling that Maximus tune session.

Reactions: primethious

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
If I was starting from scratch, I likely would go the Maximus route.

Having a PCV and several dyno tunes, it would be a monumental waste for me to trash all that and start over with the Maximus because any gains would be minimal for me at this point.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Same here. I'll go the Maximus path forward, or if my PC-V failed. Would not back it all out and replace otherwise.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Yep that’s just what I said. If my PCV fails then Maximus it is.

Reactions: broggyr

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest boys....you've lost me. A PCV to me is a Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve and a Maximus is a supplement used by body builders.
Do I get rid of it or.....and, if I do, what difference would it make?

·
Super Moderator
26,480 Posts
To be honest boys....you've lost me. A PCV to me is a Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve and a Maximus is a supplement used by body builders.
It may make none or a ton. Overall Cobra programmers do not have a good record with Victory bikes.

The two main you will find now days are the PCV and the Maximus.

The Power Commander Five (PCV) plug in and has a Autotune you can add to it if you do not have a tuner with a dyno close. This tuner will be able to make changes above 2500rpm. To change the timing under 2500rpm you will find most owners pair the PCV with Lloydz Timing Wheel.

The Maximus is a tuner that can actually be tuned remotely by a laptop, but it still needs a tune. This tuner is special because it can do the full timing range which means you do not need a new Lloydz Timing Wheel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It may make none or a ton. Overall Cobra programmers do not have a good record with Victory bikes.

The two main you will find now days are the PCV and the Maximus.

The Power Commander Five (PCV) plug in and has a Autotune you can add to it if you do not have a tuner with a dyno close. This tuner will be able to make changes above 2500rpm. To change the timing under 2500rpm you will find most owners pair the PCV with Lloydz Timing Wheel.

The Maximus is a tuner that can actually be tuned remotely by a laptop, but it still needs a tune. This tuner is special because it can do the full timing range which means you do not need a new Lloydz Timing Wheel.
Thank you. Great explanation and much appreciated.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
If the bike runs good. Not hot. Not lean and not to rich then leave it alone. Otherwise if you want an actual tune that when documented tells you exactly what your bike is doing then choose one of the other 2. That would be Maximus as it is the latest in technology and the one to beat today.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Guys, he is in Australia. This means:
-He does not have access to remote tuning for Maximus.
-Especially in Adelaide, he is somewhat unlikely to find a dyno tuner au fait with Maximus or any other ECU tuner. Totally different skill set ECM tuning versus fuel controller (PCV) tuning.
-I could help him with a PVCX remote tune, but Dynojet have helpfully stopped selling the PVCX and replaced it with the PV3 which does not support the 106.

All that being said, if it runs ok leave it alone. If it doesn't, his best bet is to replace the Cobra with a PCV and a timing wheel. There are at least a couple of tuners in Adelaide that should be able to do a good job in this scenario.

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
That’s my thought. Try a good canned map from the Vic shop. Then get to a tuner. Surely there’s a tuner.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's my thought. Try a good canned map from the Vic shop. Then get to a tuner. Surely there's a tuner.
For PCV yes, no problem to find a good tuner. For ECM tuning I know of 3 proven tuners in Australia who can cope with the PVCX (none in Adelaide). I am not aware of any with Maximus experience. Judging from 3 local Facebook pages I am not even aware of anyone in Australia who owns a Maximus.

·
Super Moderator
26,480 Posts
For PCV yes, no problem to find a good tuner. For ECM tuning I know of 3 proven tuners in Australia who can cope with the PVCX (none in Adelaide). I am not aware of any with Maximus experience. Judging from 3 local Facebook pages I am not even aware of anyone in Australia who owns a Maximus.
Being that the Maximus can be done remotely I don't see why someone like @NOEMTZ could not offer the same service. Postage would obviously be more. Is there something I don't know about that prevents that? Maybe Noe can set me straight.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Being that the Maximus can be done remotely I don't see why someone like @NOEMTZ could not offer the same service. Postage would obviously be more. Is there something I don't know about that prevents that? Maybe Noe can set me straight.
Again, he is in Australia. We do not have a remote tuning option.

·
Registered
513 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.