VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see what everyone thinks about this topic.
For me I'm having a blast wandering around and seeing the sights in England, Ireland, soon to be Scotland, more of England and Wales. The only thing I'm missing on this trip is my bike and being able to ride every day.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
That, and I think the other part that takes some getting used to is the local food.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
bored76 said:
Just want to see what everyone thinks about this topic.
For me I'm having a blast wandering around and seeing the sights in England, Ireland, soon to be Scotland, more of England and Wales. The only thing I'm missing on this trip is my bike and being able to ride every day.
Hey the UK's not a foreign country.... It's my home.
I hope that you enjoy it over here, you should have let us know you were coming over and perhaps we could get some people to meet up with you.
Don't forget to check out some of the dealers if you are near we now have a list on the VIC UK group
http://thevog.net/groups/view/id_82/title_vic-uk/
Oh well the wife and I are off to Switzerland at 3am in the morning tomorrow so it's too late for us to drop buy, but have a great time and when in Scotland, don't forget to try the haggis.

All the very best,
Paul.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Oh....

I forgot. If you are still in the UK after the 18th September let me know as I live pretty close to London, Heathrow & London Gatwick airports and getting into London town is not difficult if you fancy meeting up with a UK Victory rider.

All the best and have a great time,

Paul.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UK_Paul said:
Oh....

I forgot. If you are still in the UK after the 18th September let me know as I live pretty close to London, Heathrow & London Gatwick airports and getting into London town is not difficult if you fancy meeting up with a UK Victory rider.

All the best and have a great time,

Oh...
Paul.
I leave on the 19th from Manchester (cheapest flight), so London will be crossed off my list by the 16th.
Maybe next time
Les

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Canada, the UK, and the Western European countries are in a different universe. They aren't 3rd world countries. Japan is also good.

Anywhere south of the U.S. - beware. Violence, corrupt police, real danger of getting mugged, robbed, seriously injured - killed.

I have good friends that were born in Mexico (and still have family there). They speak the language like locals - because they are locals. They will NOT travel to Mexico. Will NOT!! Too dangerous - corrupt - violent.

I would be very wary of foreign travel anywhere other than Canada or Western European Countries.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts

Worst thing about the UK is simple. My ex wife lives there
The rest of the world has to many cool roads, and motorcycles cost to much to rent. Other then that there is just to many damn foreigners in those foreign countries.
Spent a very large chunk of my life livingm and working overseas, ans while there was a lot of cool stuff. There's no place like home

·
Registered
42 Posts
ddawg said:
beware. Violence, corrupt police, real danger of getting mugged, robbed, seriously injured - killed.
Good luck.
Almost word for word the admonition my friends gave me when I moved from Tennessee to the LA area 10 years ago.

·
Registered
409 Posts
APHATMOUSE said:
VD and the two weeks of penicillin..?
So you have been to Amsterdam.. LOL.

Been to many different Counties, Did 23 years in the Navy so got to see a lot of our small planet.

Europe is always a blast, Switzerland, Norway, UK (except Ireland), Germany was intersting when the wall was still up, Still have a west German Flag. Netherlands, Yep they still love us Canadians.
South America I have to agree you have to be very careful about where you walk and when you walk. If you stick to the well populated areas it is good.
Mexcio T - Town is always a blast, Markets are fun, and some of the bars can be exciting. Don't go see the donkey show though, not recommeded.

But I digress, Worst thing about traveling to foreign counties, is lossing your luggage... Frigin Amsterdam airport and KLM.. :)

My 2 Cents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ddawg said:
Canada, the UK, and the Western European countries are in a different universe. They aren't 3rd world countries. Japan is also good.

Anywhere south of the U.S. - beware. Violence, corrupt police, real danger of getting mugged, robbed, seriously injured - killed.

I have good friends that were born in Mexico (and still have family there). They speak the language like locals - because they are locals. They will NOT travel to Mexico. Will NOT!! Too dangerous - corrupt - violent.

I would be very wary of foreign travel anywhere other than Canada or Western European Countries.

Good luck.
ddawg , maybe you should look farther south .Australia ha sgood weather all year round , you can hire bikes all up the coast , locals are friendly and the roads are good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.