VOG Forum banner

What's the real story behind Lloyd'z?

11K views 109 replies 33 participants last post by  navycraig 
Mark, most of the problems I have heard with Lloyd happen when the people by his parts online and have their local Vic shop put them on or do it themselves. Without the proper tuning afterwards it is a recipe for disaster. I had Lloyde tune in my bike and can say it never ran better. As far as Vic's feelings, I know they went to him when they were building the world's fastest Victory, it was in one of last years Victory Rider mags.

Half_Crazy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
Half_Crazy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
I have over 10000 miles on my bike my SO and I are not small people I have no issues climbing mountains or passing tractor trailers.
So you would have no use for better performance, even if the fuel economy stayed the same? What's that, 26 more HP? Downshift? What the hell for?
I was just thinking the other day that if my bike just made 26 less horsepower I would be truly happy with it.
Yep, I'm with Trek on this one... All, that money to get where an under $10,000.00 bike is already. Cruisers and tourersare made for comfort and the Vic's are just about the fastest cruiser out there... Never felt the need for extra power on my Vision or Vegas...

actually I didn't see anyone in VOGville agree with the dealer? Most people said they didn't have a problem with Lloyd (including myself), I just see someone (MJW)passing on what he had heard and asking for input? Isn't that what these forums are about?
Me personnally, I am just going to order the turbo kit for my B-King and be happy...lol

mjw930 said:
racky said:
dsjr70 said:
actually I didn't see anyone in VOGville agree with the dealer? Most people said they didn't have a problem with Lloyd (including myself), I just see someone (MJW)passing on what he had heard and asking for input? Isn't that what these forums are about?
Me personnally, I am just going to order the turbo kit for my B-King and be happy...lol
.......................................................................................................................................
Of course, the exchange of ideas so we all can learn, & avoid mistakes/ or benifit from better products/services etc. Speaking of turbo's, I picked up a flyer @ arizona victory, that advertises the "AEROCHARGER" turbo ( they make one for Victorys now) the stage 1= 125hp @5100rpm's, & 140tq @2250rpm. stage2=146hp &170 tq. simple bolt on set-up. That would make alotta folks happy. check out http://www.aerocharger.com/ or 913-541-0200
Ok, if people have been having trouble with what Lloyd has been doing then I wouldn't want to be on the other side of an Aerocharger debate.....

Aerocharger has a very checkered and sketchy past, wend bankrupt and out of business a few years ago and was resurrected by the current marketer focusing on the MC industry and not the snow mobile industry for which these were originally developed. But I digress....... ;)
Oh, now your stiring the pot.... Did I train you or did you train me...lol

racky said:
Unlike an "OIL-DEBATE" the majority of us really respect & like Lloydz & their products & services. If I accused anybody from vogville wrongly, well then thats my mistake, I guess I read into MJB930 post that you were "siding with JIM" (once again my bad),Now "JIM" might be the greatest guy in the world, but his statement was just plain B.S., & as a VIC dealer it doesnt seem like a good biz practice to be dissing top quality aftermarket guys, that can add to the VIC product line.
I only mentioned the aerocharger to dsjr, cause I saw the flyer a couple of weeks ago, and he said that a turbo'ed busa would make him happy, so maybe a turbo'ed VIC would make him "happier", lol. I dont know the history of the "Aerocharger" company, so no dog in that fight. If any body has some g2 on the subject, let us know.
so in the words of that famous Nobel Lauirent "Rodney King" Cant we all git along!!! LOL
Turbo B-King not Hyabusa. I like different that is one of the reasons I chose the B-King and Victory. I would never turbo charge my Vision or Vegas but it is nice to see someone giving people the option.
and Lloyd if your still lurking around I for one have no problem with you after countless days at RideNow (when they were in business) you got my bike running right...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.