VOG Forum banner

What's the real story behind Lloyd'z?

11K views 109 replies 33 participants last post by  navycraig 

For a dealer to make a comment like thisI thinkthere may be a little bit ofjealousy involved here.
It would appear that Lloyd is the only one doing anything for preformance with Victory motrocycles these days, the company (Victory) will not even reply to legitimate question about there product, reply from them is contact your dealer, if my dealer new the answer to my question I would not need to contact Victory in the first place.
I can say for sure that anytime I asked Lloyd a question on or about my Kingpin he answered with no hesitation.
As far as motors blowing up, nobody is prefect when it comes to this. We don't know what caused this to happen, builder or driver, most likely driver.
As far as all work been perfect this will not happen all the time either, its what done to resolve the issue and how fast it is looked after,
I personally can vouch for Lloydz Motorworkz with there service !!!
Regards
Mike Sutherland
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

I bought cams and controller from him, installed both myself, installed S &S intake and new exhaust,then went on 6000 KM trip, got back went to Lloydz shop had it tuned by Lloyd.
My point is I am not a mechanic and it only took a few e-mails to Lloyd to ask a couple of questions, which he replied to ASAP to complete this work.
Vic shops should have no problem doing work with his add ons. That is if they are mechanics.
Regards

HC
I guess this topic has rubbed you the wrong way.
I would say Lloyd appears to be one of the most honest people I have meet over the years, there is no BS with him when it comes to preformance on peoples bikes.
He seems to only want them to work at there very best and that is a good thing in this day and age.
Regards

I'm throwing this out there to get more information based on a conversation I had with the owner of Best Buy Polaris in Ft. Pierce.

I've read pretty much nothing but glowing reports about how great Lloyd is and how great his products are but without even mentioning Lloyd by name, simply talking about how to increase the HP and TQ on my Cross Country Jim blurts out, "Whatever you do DO NOT let Lloyd touch your motor"!

He then goes on to explain how Lloyd is personally responsible for 2 dealers in the NE going out of business due to blown motors and how the engineers at Victory are very anti Lloyd and wish he would stop putting customer's motors at risk with his power packages. He also relates personal horror stories about Lloyd'z modified motors that he's had come into his shop.

Pretty darn harsh words from a dealer with nothing to gain or lose and without even being asked about Lloyd directly.

So, what's the real story here?

I beleive this was the topic we started with, most of the comments made so far are not even related to this
Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.