VOG Forum banner

What's the real story behind Lloyd'z?

11K views 109 replies 33 participants last post by  navycraig 
As you know, I'm not a big guy and even with a passenger and fully loaded cargo, I had absolutely no complaints with the Vision's power. The roll-on in 6th gear at highway speeds was more than ample and I never took it to a drag strip as in my mind, it was a comfort cruiser/tour bike and delivered on what was promoted.

Although we have the Magnuson-Moss act, when it comes to engine modifications, I'm one to stay on the conservative side.

But, to each his/her own. It is nice to know that there are third-parties who provide services that the factory, possibly for legal reasons, may not be able to offer.

I do have first hand experience with Jim at Best Buy as after a few headaches with the "former" Victory of South Florida, Best Buy provided some positive experiences and great service. He knows the internal Victory system and makes things very easy for his customers. Jim gave me the impression that he's a real hands-on owner. And, if my information is correct, he's also a Victory certified mechanic. He's also, at this time, the only Victory Dealership in South Florida...and he's located a bit North of South Florida.

I'm not sure which direction this thread is headed, so I'll add my two cents:

We can all thank Lloydz for thinking outside of the box to deliver mods, that for whatever reason (I'll "assume" Governmental), that the factory cannot provide to the rider. Whether a rider feels the need to install these mods or not is up to the individual rider. Not all mods are for everyone.

With that said, I can understand a Dealer's frustration in not wanting to deal with problems that may have been caused by someone else's products and expect to repair the issues under an existing warranty. Yes, I'm reading into this and since I wasn't there, I have to make assumptions. Who knows what caused that Dealer to blurt out that statement? I can only guess it was an encounter with a disgruntled customer.

As Newton's Third Law States: To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

If this holds true for bike mods, then it's very possible that increasing horsepower may lead to a shorter life span or possibly, there's another trade off. Maybe this theory is incorrect when it comes to bikes. I'm far from an expert in this field. Either way, if someone feels the need for speed and is unsatisfied with the "out of the box" performance, it is nice to have choices.

Personally, since you can barely fill a thimble with my knowledge of the internal combustion engine, I can only hope that some who are better versed in this area will chime-in and share their knowledge on this subject.

I'm just glad that my Spyder is faster than DSJR70's B-King!

Yeah, right!

Lloyd said:
I'd be a real pee pee head if I didn't thank all my customers and advocates that stand behind me during posts like this.
I get friends of mine with other business that ***** and complain about there customers and they ask, How do you handle your customers? I say I'VE GOT THE BEST CUSTOMERS IN THE WORLD! Everyone of them becomes a friend.
Oh for you Vision / Cross guys I've designed a new T shirt that will be ready end of next week.
Lloyd
Thanks Lloyd for jumping in and addressing this subject in a straight-forward manner. I realize that in any business, it's impossible to please every customer 100% of the time. I also realize that some dealers may not like the fact that there are some very knowledgeable, skilled people that are considered independents. Sometimes, things happen that are unexpected and I've learned that there's always three sides to every story.

Others who have used your (and KevinX's) services rave about the results as well as the fact that they felt like they were dealing with experts who were straight shooters. While I'm sure there are pitfalls, it's nice to know that those who are seeking increased performance do have a place to go.

I'm sure there's something that happened between you and Best Buy Polaris and since I don't know the details, I won't attempt to pretend I have the solutions. Again, thanks for adding to this thread, and...

You're welcomed on this site any time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.